• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
    historic Hindenburg reference !
    Me at my pedant best: I once spent an entire class period discussing allusive-illusive-elusive . . . affect/effect (both are a noun and a verb) . . . and the other oldie-but-goodies . . . it's/its, your/you're, there/their. and obliquely related - who/whom.

My point was - everyone DOES judge a book by its cover, so don't you want other intelligent/educated people to notice how intelligent/educated you are?!

Leave a comment:

• TWalsh
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Oh, the irony (. . . and humanity).
    Ha! I hope the historic Hindenburg reference will endeth this thread!
    Last edited by TWalsh; 05-28-2022, 03:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by IOM1944 View Post
    Bad manners are bad manners!
    Oh, the irony (. . . and humanity).

Leave a comment:

• IOM1944
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

Aye. We're both wasting time with them. My most recent comment is on point and they are basically irrelevant now. That dead horse is on its way to the glue factory by now! 🐎☠🏭

Mu put out a statement on her terms, and it's done. ⏹
    The horse is alive and well, and running around the paddock! I'm only hoping that Athing and star athletes will have got the message. Bad manners are bad manners!

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by beebee View Post

I once called in sick at work... because an ex-girl friend threw a brick through my car's front window...had to press charges and get an order of protection... my personal problems was no one's business. That young lady doesn't owe you an explanation. Just admit that you overreacted based on limited information.
    Aye. We're both wasting time with them. My most recent comment is on point and they are basically irrelevant now. That dead horse is on its way to the glue factory by now! 🐎☠🏭

Mu put out a statement on her terms, and it's done. ⏹
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 05-28-2022, 09:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• beebee
    replied
    Originally posted by clementina View Post

No we are not. She is so superior and special that we are not permitted to be told she had been unlucky health wise. Beyond weird and not professional .Let us wonder if the next professional entertainment you pay good money for, the top liner fails to turn up for no reason but you,poster, shrug your shoulders and say never mind. " I do not need to know". Having covid and needing time to recover is a worldwide phenomenon,poster. Not a state secret. Even LR talk sense on this matter
    I once called in sick at work... because an ex-girl friend threw a brick through my car's front window...had to press charges and get an order of protection... my personal problems was no one's business. That young lady doesn't owe you an explanation. Just admit that you overreacted based on limited information.

Leave a comment:

• clementina
    replied
    I see Mu's critics are now quiet as a mouse in church...hypocrites.
    No we are not. She is so superior and special that we are not permitted to be told she had been unlucky health wise. Beyond weird and not professional .Let us wonder if the next professional entertainment you pay good money for, the top liner fails to turn up for no reason but you,poster, shrug your shoulders and say never mind. " I do not need to know". Having covid and needing time to recover is a worldwide phenomenon,poster. Not a state secret. Even LR talk sense on this matter

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

you're not taking time-zone considerations in the equation here
    Don't worry; when they wake up and see this, they'll be as salty as a hot pretzel just the same as before word came of her 2nd COVID infection.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    you're not taking time-zone considerations in the equation here

Leave a comment:

• RunningInCircles
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

I didn't read any of her posts yet; and at LetsRun, someone said she caught COVID months ago. I thought she had just learned (this week or over the past weekend) she had the virus again.

This is the second time she caught the virus, yes? Not something that is so easy to talk about, when the season is just warming up and the people are clamoring for hot showdowns.
    Yes, Mu also had Covid during the winter. This is the second time.

Mu's training partner got Covid a few days before the SEC conference meet, but didn't realize she had Covid until they all arrived at the meet. And Mu, the training partner, and the rest of the Texas A&M team travelled together to the SEC meet, which was about 17 days ago, and that's when Mu found out she had gotten Covid again.

Mu has been better for a week or so, but it makes sense for her not to run at Pre tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• DET59
    replied
    Originally posted by Chafford1 View Post
    If athletes have said they are competing and they are not injured, they have a responsibility to paying spectators to turn up. There should be a financial penalty for athletes withdrawing without good reason.
    Then they'd just show up and false start, no height, or throw/jump 3 fouls.... goes back to under the table appearance money "amateur" days.

Leave a comment:

• beebee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by schigh View Post
    I've never been a fan of criticizing athletes for pulling out of events. It's their career, their body. I seem to remember Carl Lewis getting criticized a lot mostly for not taking all his long jumps. Wasn't a huge Lewis fan, but athletes should do what they think is right for them. It's no one elses business. You can be disappointed if they don't compete, but they're not the only one competing.
    Carl had to run 200 heats the same day of the long jump finals in Los Angeles 1984. Until 1999--when Marion Jones tore her back muscles in a 200 semifinal, after long-jumping--not many knew that a back muscle tear was the thing Carl was trying to avoid; and he figured 8.54 (give or take a couple of centimeters) was far enough to win.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 05-28-2022, 03:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

You are misunderstanding what happened.

Mu had Covid 2 weeks ago, and she only backed out of Pre because she didn't feel like she could race as well as she wanted to. She has been over Covid for a week or so. So her announcement today and a second positive test had nothing to do with each other, because they were 2 weeks apart.
    I didn't read any of her posts yet; and at LetsRun, someone said she caught COVID months ago. I thought she had just learned (this week or over the past weekend) she had the virus again.

This is the second time she caught the virus, yes? Not something that is so easy to talk about, when the season is just warming up and the people are clamoring for hot showdowns.

Leave a comment:

• schigh
    replied
    I've never been a fan of criticizing athletes for pulling out of events. It's their career, their body. I seem to remember Carl Lewis getting criticized a lot mostly for not taking all his long jumps. Wasn't a huge Lewis fan, but athletes should do what they think is right for them. It's no one elses business. You can be disappointed if they don't compete, but they're not the only one competing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X