X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple brief.
    20km and 35km Selections

35km
    Robyn did not finish the selection event. Top three women at selection event are qualified by World Ranking so they qualify over Robyn. If Robyn is selected she would displace someone who finished ahead of her at the 35km Selection Event.

20km
    Robyn did not compete at the Selection event. Currently Robyn is the only athlete qualified via world ranking. Qualifying Period does not close until the end of June so still time for the 20km to play out.

The interesting thing is, if Robyn did not compete in Dudinska (the day before the 20km nationals) where she achieved the qualifying standard she was already in the world rankings(had the quakidying standard). So she skipped the selection event for 20km to do an event that did not change her standing in 35km. She was still behind the other three athletes as she did not finish at the 35km Selection event.

Perseus Karlatrom has written a very in depth explanation of about selection on Twitter that explains the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post

While this athlete's U.S. team status is certainly newsworthy, this other Twitter drama does not seem like it belongs here. I can't believe you actually got involved, trying to tell who to pay attention to who and stooping to name-calling. Talk about juvenile!
      This MB has "been there, done that" before!
      See the thread on Sha'Carri!
      Aside from that, I found my response to Becca to be right on!
      Becca was responding to what Nick had tweeted---and my response to Becca was to pay no attention to what he said, due to his present day "ex" status!
      If saying what I saw as his real reason for turning against Robyn is "juvenile", then so be it!
      It's called "fighting fire with fire"!
      And BTW, Robyn's lawyer is dealing with this matter!

Comment

Originally posted by Gastrocnemesis View Post
        Simple brief.
        20km and 35km Selections

35km
        Robyn did not finish the selection event. Top three women at selection event are qualified by World Ranking so they qualify over Robyn. If Robyn is selected she would displace someone who finished ahead of her at the 35km Selection Event.

20km
        Robyn did not compete at the Selection event. Currently Robyn is the only athlete qualified via world ranking. Qualifying Period does not close until the end of June so still time for the 20km to play out.

The interesting thing is, if Robyn did not compete in Dudinska (the day before the 20km nationals) where she achieved the qualifying standard she was already in the world rankings(had the quakidying standard). So she skipped the selection event for 20km to do an event that did not change her standing in 35km. She was still behind the other three athletes as she did not finish at the 35km Selection event.

Perseus Karlatrom has written a very in depth explanation of about selection on Twitter that explains the situation.
        So has Robyn!!
        She has also written a detailed explanation of the situation on Twitter---over several tweets!
        She---not Perseus Karlstrom---knows all of the details of the situation, the timeline, etc!
        Thus, HER explanation is most relevant here, NOT Karlstrom's or Nick Christie's!!

Comment

I erred in earlier posts about WHO it is that she's fighting!
          It's NOT USATF itself, but the RaceWalking Committee and its members, particularly Diane Henry and Tish Hanna!
          Sorry for the mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            HER explanation is most relevant here, NOT Karlstrom's or Nick Christie's!!
            Is it all all possible that her explanation may come from a somewhat . . . personal . . . perspective? And theirs may be less. . . visceral?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Is it all all possible that her explanation may come from a somewhat . . . personal . . . perspective? And theirs may be less. . . visceral?
              I admit I like her...as a friend!
              But no, my support of her (and not Nick or anyone she's fighting on the RaceWalking committee) comes from having read her very detailed account (on public Twitter!!) of what happened!
              And most important, its timeline!!
              I guess you could say I've come to like her because she's an honest person, open to telling you about her life, and very opinionated---three qualities I like in ANYone!!
              In other words, I believe what she says about the situation, based on feeling she's incapable of lying!
              She presents the timeline---step by step---in such detail, that it HAS to be the truth....or she's the greatest liar since Donald Trump & Richard Nixon!!
              LOL

Atticus---
              I may have missed the core of your post!
              When you said "her explanation may come from a somewhat...personal...perspective", I immediately thought you were referring to ME (because of my newfound friendship with her), but I think you were saying that SHE (because she'd been in a relationship with Nick) was talking from a "personal" involvement perspective!

But no there also!
              She's NOT involved with Nick (for 5 or 6 months!!), and has moved on completely!
              I strongly doubt her past relationship with Nick has colored her telling of her side of the story!
              For one thing, it's Diane & Tish she has to fight, NOT Nick!!
              He's irrelevant in the matter!

So no, she's just telling how she sees the events as they played out.
              She knows the dates of the communications, what was said, and all of that!
              She tells it practically hour by hour, day by day, what happened, what was said!
              She has all the receipts!!
              LOL
              Last edited by aaronk; 06-08-2022, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Some people are incapable of putting their personal bias aside, as evidenced by the Shelby Houlihan drug suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
                  Some people are incapable of putting their personal bias aside
                  That was my point, esp. for Stevens and Christie, since their relationship went south. But Karlstrom? Looking at his post, he seems to have an even keel on the subject.
                  Aaron, sticking up for your friends is admirable, but you seem to have lost your 'balance' on this one. That's fine too; she needs support.
                  Last edited by Atticus; 06-08-2022, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Maybe he cannot comment since he is involved with the committee, but I tend to rely on poster MJR for the straight story on such RW matters. According to the OP, he thinks the committee erred, but perhaps there is a more nuanced explanation.

Comment

Rashomon: the walks edition.

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                        Excellent allusion!

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                          Of course it can't be the same director's later film - Ran....

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Of course it can't be the same director's later film - Ran....
                            brilliant

Comment

Robyn is in a race against time, since the 20K walk at Eugene is only 37 days away:
                              ​​​​​​https://timesofsandiego.com/sports/2...at-world-meet/

K. E. N

Comment

Originally posted by KenStone View Post
                                Robyn is in a race against time, since the 20K walk at Eugene is only 37 days away:
                                ​​​​​​https://timesofsandiego.com/sports/2...at-world-meet/

K. E. N
                                So to summarize:

USATF holds a 35K Trials race

Stevens DNFs said Trials race

Three women have WC standard who do finish race

Stevens files lawsuit to get her on team anyway, Trials results(and he own DNF) be damned.

God bless America...
                                There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
                                X