Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robyn Stevens Off Team! [files grievance]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I have a lot of respect for racewalkers. They do things that I have not and would never be able to do.

    But I basically see it like Beach Volleyball: the vast majority of people who do it either failed at the faster and more interesting alternative or were forced into it by a totalitarian state.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by guru View Post

      So to summarize:

      USATF holds a 35K Trials race

      Stevens DNFs said Trials race

      Three women have WC standard who do finish race

      Stevens files lawsuit to get her on team anyway, Trials results(and he own DNF) be damned.

      God bless America...
      None of you understand!
      READ her very detailed tweets---ALL of them!!
      The hour by hour, day by day detailed account of who said what, and what they said, and maybe most important, WHEN they said it---MUST be known before making any judgment!!
      Please put my friendship with her aside----and ANY connection to my reaction about Houlihan!!
      That has nothing to do with it!!
      I've read all of her tweets, AND she's gone into extensive detail in private chats with me....so I can SEE that she's in the right on this!
      I'm NOT basing my support on friendship, but on the FACTS!!

      Plus, her lawyer has told her he's very confident they'll win!!
      She's in hard training for the WC's, as if none of this was happening!
      She'll be ready!!

      Comment


      • #33
        I'd certainly hate to have a lawyer who didn't say he/she is very confident they'll win.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
          I'd certainly hate to have a lawyer who didn't say he/she is very confident they'll win.
          Denny Crane!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            None of you understand!
            Will the 13-year-old teenie-bopper who has possessed Aaron's body, please let go!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by aaronk View Post

              None of you understand!
              READ her very detailed tweets---ALL of them!!
              The hour by hour, day by day detailed account of who said what, and what they said, and maybe most important, WHEN they said it---MUST be known before making any judgment!!
              Please put my friendship with her aside----and ANY connection to my reaction about Houlihan!!
              That has nothing to do with it!!
              I've read all of her tweets, AND she's gone into extensive detail in private chats with me....so I can SEE that she's in the right on this!
              I'm NOT basing my support on friendship, but on the FACTS!!

              Plus, her lawyer has told her he's very confident they'll win!!
              She's in hard training for the WC's, as if none of this was happening!
              She'll be ready!!
              I took a break from the wilderness to re-supply and I saw this!!! Heading back to the mountain immediately! Like guru said...she DNF'd...don't give a rat's ass what her tweets say...you are 0 for 2...give it a rest!!!

              Comment


              • #37
                The selection procedures say first 3 across make the team as long as they have a qualifier. She didn't get to the finish line. She's out...in any event in which 3 have the qualifier. Where is the confusion? I attempted to decipher this on Twitter but it's impossible for me.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by dupontred View Post

                  Denny Crane!
                  Yes! Even Denny Crum!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                    The selection procedures say first 3 across make the team as long as they have a qualifier. She didn't get to the finish line. She's out...in any event in which 3 have the qualifier. Where is the confusion? I attempted to decipher this on Twitter but it's impossible for me.
                    And I guess even further to the point. If someone told her she did not have to finish the qualifying race, then they screwed up, but I don't see how that helps her. Written and published on the website selection criteria I would think would almost always have precedence over what someone in the USATF office told her.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Will the 13-year-old teenie-bopper who has possessed Aaron's body, please let go!
                      That is a rude insult, and not worthy of you!
                      (Humorous as it might have been intended!)

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by aaronk View Post

                        That is a rude insult, and not worthy of you!
                        (Humorous as it might have been intended!)
                        and a good note on which to lock this down

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X