w3000St Abebe, Chepn, Yavi
    wJT Barber, Hussong, Little, Tzengo
    110H see heats
    m800 Amos, Dobek, Tual
    m400 Gardiner, Hudson-Smith
    w100H Amusan, Sember, Visser
    m5000 Barega, TBek, Edris, Kimeli
    w100 SAFP, Hobbs, Swoboda,TaLou
    If the abbrs are too much for you, all the info is here: https://paris.diamondleague.com/en/p...-2020-results/

Though Swoboda has been having a good season, shes mainly competed in Poland against lesser competition. Looking to see what she can do in a DL race against ladies who have run 10.8x or better.

Comment

A heatwave is set to hit northern Europe tomorrow and last until Sunday, temperatures could hit 40 degrees, ideal conditions for a world record attempt by Devon Allen

Comment

Atticus, the Kimeli you highlighted in the 5000 is not the 12:46 Kenyan, Nicholas Kimeli but Isaac Kimeli of Belgium (13:04 PB). Addisu Yihiune is a better choice - 19yo, the Campaccio XC winner, he ran 12:59 last year and 13:02 in a Challenger meeting this year. This is his Diamond League debut so maybe he's capable of chopping a good chunk off that.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
          Atticus, the Kimeli you highlighted in the 5000 is not the 12:46 Kenyan, Nicholas Kimeli but Isaac Kimeli of Belgium (13:04 PB).
          Foiled (and fooled) by furrin names that are gotchas to me. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Broadcast 3-5pm ET this Saturday, 6/18/22

Hi-lites
            m/wHT Bigot, Faj, Halz, Kokh, Kop, Nowick, Tav
            m100 x
            wHJ Gerasch, Mahuch, Olys, Vuk
            mPV Braz, Kend, RL
            110H Hts DA, Mallett, PM-L, Zhoya
            wDT Allman, Perk, Pudenz, Tausaga
            w400 Kacz, Klav, SMU, S-E
            m200 DeG, Ogando
            mTJ ADiaz, JDiaz, Pichardo, CT, Zango, Zhu
            w3000St Abebe, Chepn, Yavi
            wJT Barber, Hussong, Little, Tzengo
            110H see heats
            m800 Amos, Dobek, Tual
            m400 Gardiner, Hudson-Smith
            w100H Amusan, Sember, Visser
            m5000 Barega, TBek, Edris, Kimeli
            w100 SAFP, Hobbs, Swoboda,TaLou
            If the abbrs are too much for you, all the info is here: https://paris.diamondleague.com/en/p...-2020-results/
            Several "forbidden" Ethiopian athletes here, too.
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank

Comment

This will just be SAFP's second 100 of the season, I think. Curious to see what time she lays down.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                This will just be SAFP's second 100 of the season, I think. Curious to see what time she lays down.
                And only her 4th race all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  m/wHT Bigot, Faj, Halz, Kokh, Kop, Nowick, Tav
                  Was wondering why you bundled them together. Just saw on the website that the HT competition is actually mixed. Can't decide if it's a terrible or great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ceil View Post
                    Was wondering why you bundled them together. Just saw on the website that the HT competition is actually mixed. Can't decide if it's a terrible or great idea.
                    It was done a few times last year (Brussels?) and though it takes some getting used to, I liked it.

Comment

In the press conference, SMU seemed to indicate that the 200m is actually her ultimate goal leading into the next Olympics:

After saying at the Rome press conference that she doesn't plan to double, here, some one asked that the 200m is so stacked, isnt the 400m a easier path to Olympic Gold again?

"I've been training for the 400m straight through. I think running 21.7 with just 400m training is really impressive. We wanted to get an opportunity to do some 200m training, but each time something popped up. I think that know, I've accomplished so much in the event (400m) so now we can just solely focus on training for the 200 and jumping in with the girls"

Obviously now means after hopefully winning gold at worlds, for which she said 5th times a charm (2013 was her first worlds). She also noted that every 400m race she has been trying different race models to determine what works best.
                      Last edited by ATK; 06-17-2022, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        In the press conference, SMU seemed to indicate that the 200m is actually her ultimate goal leading into the next Olympics:

After saying at the Rome press conference that she doesn't plan to double, here, some one asked that the 200m is so stacked, isnt the 400m a easier path to Olympic Gold again?

"I've been training for the 400m straight through. I think running 21.7 with just 400m training is really impressive. We wanted to get an opportunity to do some 200m training, but each time something popped up. I think that know, I've accomplished so much in the event (400m) so now we can just solely focus on training for the 200 and jumping in with the girls"

Obviously now means after hopefully winning gold at worlds, for which she said 5th times a charm (2013 was her first worlds). She also noted that every 400m race she has been trying different race models to determine what works best.
                        Is she and her coach mad? The model which won her the Gold in Tokyo and the Silver in Doha is the model that works best. She just probably needs to go out a little harder,but im of the opinion that she won't be running sub 48 ever, given she's so interested in running the 200m.
                        Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

Is she and her coach mad? The model which won her the Gold in Tokyo and the Silver in Doha is the model that works best. She just probably needs to go out a little harder,but im of the opinion that she won't be running sub 48 ever, given she's so interested in running the 200m.
                          Her goal is both the gold medal and sub 48. And one of the "issues" is as perfect as her Tokyo/Doha races may have seemed, you even noted she needs to go out harder, which she theoretically could have done in either race. But then remember back in 2017, everyone was criticizing her for going out too hard and ultimately dying (then tripping) in the final.

Also important to note is that between the 200m final and the 400m semis in Tokyo, she got injured so probably had to adjust her plans for the 400m final. As noted she probably went out slower than she could have and was likely in at least Olympic record (48.2) form if not for the injury.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Her goal is both the gold medal and sub 48. And one of the "issues" is as perfect as her Tokyo/Doha races may have seemed, you even noted she needs to go out harder, which she theoretically could have done in either race. But then remember back in 2017, everyone was criticizing her for going out too hard and ultimately dying (then tripping) in the final.

Also important to note is that between the 200m final and the 400m semis in Tokyo, she got injured so probably had to adjust her plans for the 400m final. As noted she probably went out slower than she could have and was likely in at least Olympic record (48.2) form if not for the injury.
                            I forgot about her injury in Tokyo, I remembered the semi-final when she was near tears after. If she runs sub 49 tomorrow I think she's on her regular programming but I'm not sure she needs to go sub 48.8 to win in Eugene. Her closest rival maybe Paulinho who may barely break sub 49.
                            Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

I forgot about her injury in Tokyo, I remembered the semi-final when she was near tears after. If she runs sub 49 tomorrow I think she's on her regular programming but I'm not sure she needs to go sub 48.8 to win in Eugene. Her closest rival maybe Paulinho who may barely break sub 49.
                              sub 49 tomorrow? If she does that theres no need to run the final in Eugene.

Honestly, if she runs a SB or around sub 50, I think she is good.

For reference, (someone can fact check me) only one time has someone ran sub-49 before going on to win a medal of any color at world's/Olympics that same year: Kratochvilova in 1983

Comment

Working...
                              X