Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daniel Foster View Post
    I see Sasha Zhoya is listed in the men's 110mh. Have been waiting (and waiting) to see him finally run the senior hurdles, after a stellar U20 career.
    I see major fireworks from him in Paris 2024.

Click on top left video to see his 13.40 run.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Devon Allen ran 13.16 at the same age, but still hasn't lit any fireworks at a global championship meet (yet).

Comment

• Loved Tianna Madison as an athlete but she is meh as a commentator. Gimme Sanya or RG3 with Ato and im good

Comment

• Tianna was able to offer technical knowledge about all field events, which the other 3 cannot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

https://www.instagram.com/sasha.zhoya/?hl=en
            I'm not sure 13.40 by a 19 year old over the 42" sticks is that exciting yet ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

Mikiah Brisco and Mujinga Kambundji have yet to run sub 11 this year.
              But they have both done it; Swoboda never has; her 11.05 in Paris is her PB. She has been under 11.10 since 2016, but just can't seem to keep going that last 40.
              Cheers,
              Alan Shank

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
                Tianna was able to offer technical knowledge about all field events, which the other 3 cannot.
                For my $$, Tiana is the BEST field-event color person they've ever had; she actually knows the physics of long jumping, and is also very good on the other field events.
                She not a cheerleader like Sanya, but much more knowledgeable in her area.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post

But they have both done it; Swoboda never has; her 11.05 in Paris is her PB. She has been under 11.10 since 2016, but just can't seem to keep going that last 40.
                  Cheers,
                  Alan Shank
                  Yea both have, but 18.99 originally noted sub 7 and sub 11 happening in the same year. He has since updated his comment though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Devon Allen ran 13.16 at the same age, but still hasn't lit any fireworks at a global championship meet (yet).
                    5th and 4th in Olympic finals is pretty good. And once you get down to a certain time it's not easy to cut your time further. Holloway has only gone under 13 four times, Allen twice. And in Olympic finals you don't necessarily have to run much under 13 to win.

I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

• As for as announcing goes, you ain't gonna please everyone..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
                        As for as announcing goes, you ain't gonna please everyone..
                        Yep...she deserves a little time to get comfortable too.

Comment

• Speaking of announcing Paul Swangard is now vastly improved at knowing the field and identifying foreign athletes during middle distance races and longer. I've been meaning to mention that. His name pronunciation is generally good also. Swangard obviously recognized his weaknesses in certain areas and really worked on his craft. Well done. He is obviously aiming to be named as NBC's lead track and field announcer at Olympics going forward.

It will be interesting to see what NBC does. Swangard's problem is that Leigh Diffey is markedly superior in terms of picking up on split second trends in sprint races, along with turn of a phrase. Diffey's excellence in those areas shows up in auto racing as well as track events. I would prefer if they sign Diffey again for Paris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                            For my $$, Tiana is the BEST field-event color person they've ever had; she actually knows the physics of long jumping, and is also very good on the other field events.
                            She not a cheerleader like Sanya, but much more knowledgeable in her area.
                            Cheers, Alan Shank
                            I was thinking that too.

Comment

• Here's a link to how to pronounce some Ethiopian names:
                              https://twitter.com/angasurunning/st...D&refsrc=email

Here's a link to the men's names:

Cheers,
                              Alan Shank
                              Last edited by Alan Shank; 06-30-2022, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X