Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 USATF outdoor champs general

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2022 USATF outdoor champs general

    Current weather forecast from weather.gov
    Thursday
    Sunny, with a high near 80.
    Thursday Night
    Clear, with a low around 47.
    Friday
    Sunny, with a high near 81.
    Friday Night
    Clear, with a low around 52.
    Saturday
    Sunny, with a high near 84.
    Saturday Night
    Clear, with a low around 55.
    Sunday
    Sunny, with a high near 83.

  • #2
    Sounds ideal. Let’s hope the 100m isn’t late on Friday night.

    Comment


    • #3
      And less than 10% chance of rain any day. Looks terrific!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dupontred View Post
        Let’s hope the 100m isn’t late on Friday night.
        Women's final: 7:21 PM
        Men's final: 7:30 PM
        Sunset: circa 9:00 PM

        https://trackandfieldnews.com/wp-con...USATFsched.pdf

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

          Women's final: 7:21 PM
          Men's final: 7:30 PM
          Sunset: circa 9:00 PM

          https://trackandfieldnews.com/wp-con...USATFsched.pdf
          First time checking the schedule, and already found at least one HUGE discrepancy!!
          Women's Steeple heats and final are 20 hours apart!
          The Men's are 68 hours apart!!
          Fair??
          LOL

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by aaronk View Post

            First time checking the schedule, and already found at least one HUGE discrepancy!!
            Women's Steeple heats and final are 20 hours apart!
            The Men's are 68 hours apart!!
            Fair??
            LOL
            It's been corrected on the schedule now available at USATF, with the finals' days switched to provide equal rest.

            https://www.usatf.org/events/2022/20...ships/schedule

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by player View Post

              It's been corrected on the schedule now available at USATF, with the finals' days switched to provide equal rest.

              https://www.usatf.org/events/2022/20...ships/schedule
              I imagine that came about less as an equal time issue than a back to back days issue for the women.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                I imagine that came about less as an equal time issue than a back to back days issue for the women.
                No, it came about because someone at USATF saw Aaronk's post...Aaron that shows how respected you are and how much influence you have over the sport!! And I am not joking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                  No, it came about because someone at USATF saw Aaronk's post...Aaron that shows how respected you are and how much influence you have over the sport!! And I am not joking.
                  You know that as a fact?!
                  If so, that's awesome!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

                    No, it came about because someone at USATF saw Aaronk's post...Aaron that shows how respected you are and how much influence you have over the sport!! And I am not joking.
                    So why aren't ALL of my crazy ideas being adopted??
                    (Changing 1600's & 3200's to 1 & 2 Mile's----separate lists & records for INdoor & OUTdoor track---etc etc!!)

                    But seriously, I'm humbled, blessed, and about to cry!
                    LOL

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

                      No, it came about because someone at USATF saw Aaronk's post...Aaron that shows how respected you are and how much influence you have over the sport!! And I am not joking.
                      I think it was more likely a typo on the T&FN version of the schedule (w vs. m). Internet archive snapshot of the usatf page on April 24 has it the same as it is today.

                      https://web.archive.org/web/20220424...ships/schedule

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        our easy-to-read version has been corrected

                        https://trackandfieldnews.com/wp-con...USATFsched.pdf

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The schedule I used for my spreadsheet was always correct.
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

                            I think it was more likely a typo on the T&FN version of the schedule (w vs. m). Internet archive snapshot of the usatf page on April 24 has it the same as it is today.

                            https://web.archive.org/web/20220424...ships/schedule
                            As Kurt Vonnegut was wont to say---
                            So it goes!

                            LOL

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by aaronk View Post

                              So why aren't ALL of my crazy ideas being adopted??
                              (Changing 1600's & 3200's to 1 & 2 Mile's----separate lists & records for INdoor & OUTdoor track---etc etc!!)

                              But seriously, I'm humbled, blessed, and about to cry!
                              LOL
                              don't ask me...I'm just some old bloke who loves T&F

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X