Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Femke's Dilemma

In Tokyo she ran 6 races in 8 days, with the Mixed Final and 1st Round of the hurdles on the same day. I don't know what the World schedule looks like, but it's obvious the Dutch don't have the 400 depth to get through the relay rounds without Bol. Plus as track medals are few for the Dutch (8 total in Tokyo, 3 by Hassan) they try and optimize as much as possible to get the maximum amount of medals.

I'd hate to see them utilize Bol the same way they did in the Olympics. I get the team aspect but I think the track fans deserve to see the individual race with Bol, Mo, and Syd as fresh as possible.

I'm expecting the usual reaction that Bol can't win no matter what but the fact was and is that Bol runs a lot more races both in championships and perhaps more of an issue in a non-championship schedule.

"Free Bol!"

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
    In Tokyo she ran 6 races in 8 days, with the Mixed Final and 1st Round of the hurdles on the same day. I don't know what the World schedule looks like,"
    Why don't you look at it? It's not a secret.
    However, I agree with your point; the extra 4x4 makes it tough on smaller nations that lack the depth that the US, Jamaica, etc. have. This has been exacerbated by the rule allowing substitution of all four relay members.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Last edited by Alan Shank; 06-21-2022, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
      Why don't you look at it? It's not a secret.
      However, I agree with your point; the extra 4x4 makes it tough on smaller nations that lack the depth that the US, Jamaica, etc. have. This has been exacerbated by the rule allowing substitution of all four relay members.
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      It's still a ways off, I'll look at it a few days before. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's constructed to allow all countries to double and triple their athletes.

Comment

It's still a ways off, I'll look at it a few days before.
        But a simple look over at the schedule would answer your original question and concerns

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          But a simple look over at the schedule would answer your original question and concerns
          So that's all you took out of the post? Kind of missed the entire thesis just to concentrate on that. The point is will they run the crap out of her or let her focus on her main event.

Comment

Plus as track medals are few for the Dutch (8 total in Tokyo, 3 by Hassan)
            You're definitely American. 8 T&F medals in one championship is absolutely not "few" in 99% of the world.

Comment

Does is matter that she's more than happy to run relays for her country? Are you saying her choice doesn't matter??

Comment

Not a single day of overlap. Mixed relay on day 1. Hurdles on Days 5, 6, and 8. Women's relay on Days 9 and 10. Definitely doable. They have a great chance at a medal in the mixed relay. Smaller chance in the women's so let her sit out the heats. If the rest of the team gets to the final, swap her in and move up a bit. But should be her choice, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ZazaShoya View Post

You're definitely American. 8 T&F medals in one championship is absolutely not "few" in 99% of the world.
                  That makes a lot of sense as I'm concerned for one of their athletes. 3 of them were by Hassan, who is where anyhow?
                  Last edited by JMysterio; 06-21-2022, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Does is matter that she's more than happy to run relays for her country? Are you saying her choice doesn't matter??
                    That's reading something different into what I said. I just want to see a final with all 3 as fresh as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                      Not a single day of overlap. Mixed relay on day 1. Hurdles on Days 5, 6, and 8. Women's relay on Days 9 and 10. Definitely doable. They have a great chance at a medal in the mixed relay. Smaller chance in the women's so let her sit out the heats. If the rest of the team gets to the final, swap her in and move up a bit. But should be her choice, I agree.
                      Yes, especially if the weather is hot. That would be 5 races in 6 days and as I said the Dutch will have to run hard through the relay rounds to get to the final. They have Klaver, just under 51, Saalberg low 51 then maybe a low 52 runner...and Bol. Without her it's a gamble.

Comment

Doesn't it ultimately come down to what she and her coach(es) want? I don't think she would run if she felt it adversely would affect her performance in any individual event. Also 2019, Salwa Eid Naser ran mixed 4x4 and it sure didn't affect her in that 400m final.

Comment

Originally posted by Track78 View Post
                          Doesn't it ultimately come down to what she and her coach(es) want? I don't think she would run if she felt it adversely would affect her performance in any individual event. Also 2019, Salwa Eid Naser ran mixed 4x4 and it sure didn't affect her in that 400m final.
                          In Tokyo Bol only sat out one race...the mixed heats. She ran every other race...mixed final, hurdles, semi and final of the 4x4. And she went under 50 in all the relays. That's a lot of hard running.

Comment

In Tokyo Bol only sat out one race...the mixed heats. She ran every other race...mixed final, hurdles, semi and final of the 4x4. And she went under 50 in all the relays. That's a lot of hard running.
                            Which didn't faze her at all. Why change something that's obviously not broken?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Which didn't faze her at all. Why change something that's obviously not broken?
                              It's not that obvious.

The question is even with her 52.03 it's unknown how it affected her. It's pretty rare where a runner ran six 400 meter races in 8 days, 3 of them over the hurdles. Especially where your main competition runs only 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X