Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶'22 wUSATF 400H—Sydney McLaughlin 51.41 WR

T&FN formchart

1...... *Sydney McLaughlin............ (New Balance)......................... 1
    2...... *Dalilah Muhammad............. (Nike)......................................... 2 (prob. not running?)
    3...... *Britton Wilson...................... (Arkansas)................................ nr
    4...... *Cassandra Tate................... (unattached)............................. 7
    5...... *Shamier Little....................... (adidas)..................................... 3
    6...... *Anna Cockrell...................... (Nike)......................................... 5
    7...... Lauren Hoffman.................... (Duke)........................................ nr
    8...... *Masai Russell...................... (Kentucky)................................ nr
    9...... Ashley Spencer..................... (Nike)......................................... 6
    10. .. Deshae Wise......................... (Texas A&M)............................ nr
    Last edited by gh; 06-25-2022, 10:54 PM.

Originally posted by gh View Post
    2...... *Dalilah Muhammad............. (Nike)......................................... 2 (prob. not running?)
    Definitely not running: https://twitter.com/AshleyWCtrack22/...09070499651585

"Dalilah Muhammad announces on the eve of the @usatf championships that she won’t be competing this week but has received a waiver from @usatf so she’ll be able to defend her 400 hurdle world title at @WCHoregon22

She says she has a minor hamstring injury and sounded confident she'd be ready for @WCHoregon22

Said it flared up before the New York meet a couple of weeks back"

Comment

Im really starting to like Britton Wilson of Arkansas. I didnt know much about her before I saw her monster relay legs in the NCAA's. She should also think about competing in the 400 which has a weaker field than this event.

Comment

Once again, the w4x4 at the WC could end up having zero W400 entrants, between McLaughlin and Muhammed and B. Wilson, and then Mu and Steiner, who needs the open 400 contestants? Assuming no breakthroughs this week or next month.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
          Im really starting to like Britton Wilson of Arkansas. I didnt know much about her before I saw her monster relay legs in the NCAA's. She should also think about competing in the 400 which has a weaker field than this event.
          but in an interesting paradox she might have a better chance for WC glory in the 400H if she can just get there

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred View Post
            Once again, the w4x4 at the WC could end up having zero W400 entrants, between McLaughlin and Muhammed and B. Wilson, and then Mu and Steiner, who needs the open 400 contestants? Assuming no breakthroughs this week or next month.
            It may happen but it won't be a "once again".

I'm not sure it happens anyway if Felix is in the mix for a spot.

Comment

If Felix makes team, as I think she will, it will be reeeeeeeaaaaalllllly hard to keep her off.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

It may happen but it won't be a "once again".

I'm not sure it happens anyway if Felix is in the mix for a spot.
                Sorry - yes, Felix did run in the finals last year, but there were definitely discussions ahead of time about zero W400 runners doing the relay. I guess I was thinking about the discussion more than the actuality.

And agree, if she makes the team and can get under 50 at some point, I agree it will be hard to keep her off. If she makes the team and still only runs 50.99 to make the team, maybe the mixed relay for her.

Comment

Syd is doing a perfect Edwin Moses impression. Just another day at the office - all business - focus on the race.

Comment

S. Little not impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
                      I can tell you she's a really nice gal, too, definitely worth rooting for. Interviewed her multiple times in HS and a good friend of mine coached her a few years when she was a youth. Very nice parents, too. Very excited to see her doing so well this year and fulfilling she showed as a prep in VA.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post

I can tell you she's a really nice gal, too, definitely worth rooting for. Interviewed her multiple times in HS and a good friend of mine coached her a few years when she was a youth. Very nice parents, too. Very excited to see her doing so well this year and fulfilling she showed as a prep in VA.
                        Thats nice to hear and somehow it doesnt surprise me. She seems like such a natural runner with great talent!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Syd is doing a perfect Edwin Moses impression. Just another day at the office - all business - focus on the race.
                          The first three hurdles were superb. Then she started to gradually ease back. The left lead is becoming more natural and decisive. Very quick to the ground. It looks obvious that Sydney is determined to take it out faster so she won't have to rely on desperately chasing Dalilah after the final hurdle.

Basically Sydney is just starting to enter her prime. Everything looks better including her overall strength and frame.

Comment

The WC schedule has been changed to make it pretty much impossible for Mu to run the 4x4, with only an hour plus rest after the 800m final.

Comment

Sounds like someone needs to pull a Jon Drummond

Comment

Working...
                              X