Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶'22 wUSATF 200—Abby Steiner 21.77 (WL)

T&FN formchart

1...... *Gabby Thomas.................... (New Balance)......................... 1
    2...... *Abby Steiner........................ (Kentucky)................................ nr
    3...... *Brittany Brown..................... (Nike)......................................... nr
    4...... *Jenna Prandini..................... (Puma)...................................... 2
    5...... *Anavia Battle........................ (Ohio State).............................. 3
    6...... *Cambrea Sturgis................. (adidas)..................................... 9
    7...... *Tamara Clark....................... (adidas)..................................... 4
    8...... *Kynnedy Flannel.................. (Texas)...................................... nr
    9...... *Kayla White.......................... (Nike)......................................... nr
    10.... *Shania Collins...................... (unattached)............................. nr
    Last edited by gh; 06-26-2022, 08:54 PM.

What a great field! Can't see how Prandini can be kept off the team on her home track, but Brown is having a stellar year.

Comment

Im really looking forward to both races here. The main event will be Steiner vs Thomas and then everyone else vs each other.

Comment

Why no Richardson here? Is it because they think she will DNS after Q in the 100m? That's possible, but I think she will run this event.

Comment

After the racial insults Richardson made about Steiner after the SEC meet I'll be stunned if she shows up for the 200.

Worth noting not a peep from Richardson following the NCAA champs.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
            Why no Richardson here? Is it because they think she will DNS after Q in the 100m? That's possible, but I think she will run this event.
            If she makes the 100 team, she's done.
            If she does not make the 100 team, she's done.

Comment

What racial insults?? She just said Ofili should have gotten more screen time from the commentators than she was given, during the introduction for the Sec 200m finals esp considering the fact that she was still the collegiate record holder at that point and had won the 100m just some few hours before.

Comment

Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                What racial insults??
                Right here.

https://twitter.com/itskerrii/status...35114914529282

Richardson flat out says Steiner got pre-SEC "hype" because she's white. Nevermind the fact she came into that meet undefeated on the outdoor season, and the NCAA and American indoor 200 record-holder.

And like I said, crickets after the NCAA championships,

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

Right here.

https://twitter.com/itskerrii/status...35114914529282

Richardson flat out says Steiner got pre-SEC "hype" because she's white. Nevermind the fact she came into that meet undefeated on the outdoor season, and the NCAA and American indoor 200 record-holder.

And like I said, crickets after the NCAA championships,
                  Well Miss Richardson eat some crow now after you laid an egg in the 100. If you get lucky and qualify for the 200. Try to be more humble. I just dont see how she is going to beat Syteiner or Thomas let alone Brittany Brown. Plus the 200 is Prandini better event too.

Comment

How is that a racial insult? I'm genuinely confused. Steiner deserved to be absolutely hyped, but one would be incredibly naive to think that, her skin colour didn't play a role in that hype. Most incredibly fast sprint stars are blacks, so seeing a girl of another skin colour running AND winning fast is obviously going to get people curious about her. I'd expect the reaction in white-dominated sports like Swimming too if a black person comes and win a gold medal in one of the events like simone manuel did in 2016.
                    She only complained about the commentators not fully paying attention to Ofili during the race introduction. Any other thing, you deduced is solely based on you. Sha carri can be incredibly crass sometimes but that wasn't even the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                      How is that a racial insult? I'm genuinely confused. Steiner deserved to be absolutely hyped, but one would be incredibly naive to think that, her skin colour didn't play a role in that hype. Most incredibly fast sprint stars are blacks, so seeing a girl of another skin colour running AND winning fast is obviously going to get people curious about her. I'd expect the reaction in white-dominated sports like Swimming too if a black person comes and win a gold medal in one of the events like simone manuel did in 2016.
                      She only complained about the commentators not fully paying attention to Ofili during the race introduction. Any other thing, you deduced is solely based on you. Sha carri can be incredibly crass sometimes but that wasn't even the case here.
                      Ofilli is not American so of course the American athletes will get more attention on American TV.
                      Dude its a racial insinuation. Basically saying she didnt deserve all that attention. It was an insult. Dont get upset about it, she needs to focus on her running and not the way she looks or the statements she makes. Shes making her self look real bad. I really want her to do good too. ut she just seems to have a self destructive side. Hope she gets it together.

Comment

After her 10.94 personal best in the 100m heats, Tamara Clark is a serious threat here

Comment

The use of the timing cameras adds some information (reliable?) that can help with the question of what the wind was on that first 100m.

Comment

The wildcard tomorrow will be semifinals and finals separated by just two hours, with temperatures forecast to be in the mid-90's. Good news for sprinters coming from the strength side like Steiner.

Comment

I’ve gotta say, it’s hard to gauge Thomas’s fitness right now. The time comes as a bit of surprise, but we’ll find out more tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X