Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adirondack View Post
    I’ve gotta say, it’s hard to gauge Thomas’s fitness right now. The time comes as a bit of surprise, but we’ll find out more tomorrow.
    She looks labored running that.

Comment

Gabby said she hasnt been training for the last few weeks due to injury. Hopefully she can still make the team.
      Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
        Gabby said she hasnt been training for the last few weeks due to injury. Hopefully she can still make the team.
        Grade 2 strain which makes her being on the start line pretty impressive in itself.

Comment

Yeah, I have a feeling the injury is gonna derail Thomas's campaign this year and I'm really disappointed by that because I really wanted to see her take on Jackson at the WCs.

Comment

Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
            How is that a racial insult? I'm genuinely confused. Steiner deserved to be absolutely hyped, but one would be incredibly naive to think that, her skin colour didn't play a role in that hype. Most incredibly fast sprint stars are blacks, so seeing a girl of another skin colour running AND winning fast is obviously going to get people curious about her. I'd expect the reaction in white-dominated sports like Swimming too if a black person comes and win a gold medal in one of the events like simone manuel did in 2016.
            She only complained about the commentators not fully paying attention to Ofili during the race introduction. Any other thing, you deduced is solely based on you. Sha carri can be incredibly crass sometimes but that wasn't even the case here.
            Abbey is a great talent who deserves all the accoloades she is getting but i did notice announcers acting like Favour wasnt the sec champand ncaa record holder. The eivalry should have been more hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
              Yeah, I have a feeling the injury is gonna derail Thomas's campaign this year and I'm really disappointed by that because I really wanted to see her take on Jackson at the WCs.
              Terrible news. Hope she can pull through and give herself a shot at Worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                Yes, this. Peak Gabby vs Jackson would be an amazingly close showdown.

Comment

The first semi is incredibly stacked. Brittany brown vs gabby thomas vs Tamara Clark vs Sha carri Richardson.
                  The trio all have sub 22secs pbs while Richardson has run 22.00 flat.

Comment

WHOA Steiner 21.80 shutting it down...

Sturgis 22.11 personal best as well in 2nd place

Comment

Gabby isnt in form. Really sucks tbh. Injury took her right of the game. After she was in scintillating form earlier in the season
                      Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Gabby Thomas clearly not in form to make the team, but makes the final on time. Richardson out of the final by .03. She got left in the blocks which made the difference.

Comment

Richardson is out. Can't decide if I am happy or sad about that.

Comment

What the hell!?? 21.80!?

Comment

Originally posted by Jshapco2 View Post
                              Richardson is out. Can't decide if I am happy or sad about that.
                              I think I'm more happy with her being out than AS kicking ass.

Comment

I wonder what went wrong with her. I mean, she WAS in fine form just a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X