Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶'22 wUSATF 200—Abby Steiner 21.77 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Ah, yes,Urban Dictionary, that crowdsourced online tool for slang words, that has multiple definitions for the same word or phrase, that kids can vote up a definition to get it included and to the top of the lists.

    Great source, that. 🙄
    I think Urban Dictionary can be useful to get some idea of the meaning of a word or phrase or initialism that you are totally unfamiliar with. However, I doubt it can be trusted to provide the most reliably precise definition for something that you have some idea of the meaning of.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
      Ah, yes,Urban Dictionary, that crowdsourced online tool for slang words, that has multiple definitions for the same word or phrase, that kids can vote up a definition to get it included and to the top of the lists.

      Great source, that. 🙄
      Where do you go to find the definition of slang words? Also, what word do you suggest I use to describe young know-it-all leftists who are totally lacking in common sense? As I said earlier, these people do exist. Hell, my very smart 20-year-old niece is a wokester and her parents would agree with me. And looking back 40 years ago, I was a wokester when I was her age thought the word hadn't been invented yet.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        What on earth is a 'wokester' to you? To me (and the dictionary) it is someone who acknowledges the systemic biases (race, sex, homosexuality, transexuality) inherent in our society and works to overcome them. Aren't YOU one of those?
        I know what you - Atticus - mean when you reference the word or think of yourself as woke. But that version is long-gone. Much like "queer" has morphed or "boss" has gone through iterations, so has "woke." I don't think you want to be 2022 woke. It's gone off the rails. Heck, I'm very Conservative these days but would have been considered "woke" 20+ years ago.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

        Comment


        • Meanwhile, back to the subject at hand smdh...


          Mboma out for WC

          https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2022/...-field-injury/
          There are no strings on me

          Comment


          • Jackson, ETH, and Steiner for the podium?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by adirondack View Post
              Jackson, ETH, and Steiner for the podium?
              Is SAFP out of the question? Her PR is 21.79, just last year, and everyone says she's in the best shape of her life.

              Comment


              • Steiner will have a slight advantage on those that are doubling, as the 200 follows the 100 (and the 400, I think).

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  Steiner will have a slight advantage on those that are doubling, as the 200 follows the 100 (and the 400, I think).
                  Steiner could go 21.70, but if SJackson throws down another 21.5, she wins.
                  Jackson - Mboma would have been THE showdown.

                  Comment


                  • Thompson-Herah is the favorite until someone beats her. It's kind of like when Bolt would lose to Gatlin in a one-off and people (myself included) wondered "is this finally the year?" and then Bolt would show up and romp.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
                      Thompson-Herah is the favorite until someone beats her.
                      To be precise, Thompson-Herah is the 'champion' until someone beats. 'Favorite' indicates someone who is most likely to win, and right now that is not ETH.
                      She may well win, but she is not the current favorite - that is Jackson.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        To be precise, Thompson-Herah is the 'champion' until someone beats. 'Favorite' indicates someone who is most likely to win, and right now that is not ETH.
                        She may well win, but she is not the current favorite - that is Jackson.
                        But Dina Asher Smith is the Champion until someone beats her.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                          Steiner will have a slight advantage on those that are doubling, as the 200 follows the 100 (and the 400, I think).
                          Maybe, maybe not. After 6 consecutive rounds of the 100 and 200m over 4 days, Jackson still ran 21.55. She'll now have days of rest between rounds and events.
                          Last edited by ATK; 06-30-2022, 12:56 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ATK View Post
                            But Dina Asher Smith is the Champion until someone beats her.
                            I'm giving ETH the benefit of reigning Olympic Champion.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ATK View Post

                              Maybe, maybe not. After 6 consecutive rounds of the 100 and 200m over 4 days, Jackson still ran 19.55. She'll now have days of rest between rounds and events.
                              If Jackson had run 19.55, there would be no debate about who is the favorite.

                              Comment


                              • If I remember correctly, Thompson-Herah finished second in the Jamaican Olympic Trials in the 100 and third in the 200 last year.

                                She is still the one to beat.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X