Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaguarclaws
    • Aug 2017

Steiner is a good shot to get a medal. Jackson, i dont know. She has run some super fast times. I mayber havent paid much attention to her because of SAFP and ETH. We shall see. I hope Abby can maintain fitness levels and get stronger actually. She will need it to have a chance to win gold. As for the 4x4. She will be fine. The US should be super strong there too. Steiner, McLaughlin, Mu, and Mohammad as well as Diggs and Maybe Britton Wilson.

Comment

• clementina
      • Apr 2022

Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
      Richardson obviously has issues. I have little trust in her to get proper guidance because she's one of the biggest media draws in the sport in this country and they appear to encourage her behavior.
      The media in the western world are basically shit who know , and always have known, how to brainwash the great unwashed to support , take interest in and then become obsessed by talented or self promoting persons in the celebrity flimflam world, ably assisted by cynical PR exponents.Sporting world clearly included therein

Comment

• clementina
        • Apr 2022

Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
        FloJo, Marion, and Steiner are the only Americans to run 21.80 or faster three times. Gwen Torrence is the only other American to do it twice
        Hope she is cleaner than the first two. How often is Steiner tested as a college athlete?

Comment

• Atticus
          • Jul 2014
          • on task

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          wokesters if WA ruled them ineligible to run
          I'm a 'wokester' and I don't want them running.

Comment

• Jaguarclaws
            • Aug 2017

Originally posted by clementina View Post

Hope she is cleaner than the first two. How often is Steiner tested as a college athlete?
            really man. That girl is clean. I would worry more about Jackson than her being dirty.

Comment

• jazzcyclist
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              I'm a 'wokester' and I don't want them running.
              You're about as far from a wokester as can be.

Comment

• jazzcyclist
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by clementina View Post

She's tested more often than the pros who are only tested by USADA, not the NCAA.

Comment

• CookyMonzta
                  • Oct 2005
                  • New York City

Informed track fans like the ones who post here know that Steiner is the real deal and that those Namibians have no business being on the track with her but can you imagine what the reaction would be from the wokesters if WA ruled them ineligible to run and Steiner won the world title?
                  But then again, what would happen if one or the other (if Mboma somehow manages to recover from her injuries) was allowed to run, beats Steiner or anyone else, and crushes Flo's WR and takes it very close to 21.00 or even cracks it? And is Seyni running the 200?

Comment

• TN1965
                    • Aug 2009

Why are some people so obsessed with what wokesters might say about a hypothetical situation?

Just enjoy what Steiner just accomplished.

Comment

• NotDutra5
                      • Jul 2014
                      • Right next to a Gator filled pond

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                      Why are some people so obsessed with what wokesters might say about a hypothetical situation?

Just enjoy what Steiner just accomplished.
                      Some of the same are spending way too much time worrying about what an athlete that didn't make a final this week has to say.

Comment

• Track78
                        • May 2021
                        • Oh Canada!

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                        Steiner is a good shot to get a medal. Jackson, i dont know. She has run some super fast times. I mayber havent paid much attention to her because of SAFP and ETH. We shall see. I hope Abby can maintain fitness levels and get stronger actually. She will need it to have a chance to win gold. As for the 4x4. She will be fine. The US should be super strong there too. Steiner, McLaughlin, Mu, and Mohammad as well as Diggs and Maybe Britton Wilson.
                        Shericka Jackson has a better shot at a medal than Steiner imo.

Comment

• Diara31
                          • Sep 2021

A far better chance imo. Shericka Jackson is an incredibly consistent championship performer (She has consistently medalled in world and Olympic championships since 2015 with the only exception in 2017. And yes, she's the Jamaican bronze queen 2.0 but she has a huge chance to change that this season if shelly and Elaine do not run at their absolute best in the 100m and she's now the firm favourite for the 200m.

Comment

• Diara31
                            • Sep 2021

I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping Steiner can hold her superb form for the next three weeks. Looks like all those 4*400m relays really helped her, because I couldn't help but notice how she finished incredibly strong even against the pros at the trials.

Comment

• donley2
                              • Oct 2005
                              • North Texas

She's tested more often than the pros who are only tested by USADA, not the NCAA.
                              Absolutely not meant to be harsh here, but do you know that for a fact? It seems to me there is no transparency with respect to what the NCAA does.

Comment

• jazzcyclist
                                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

Absolutely not meant to be harsh here, but do you know that for a fact? It seems to me there is no transparency with respect to what the NCAA does.
                                Yes, I know it for a fact because elite college athletes like Steiner are tested by USADA as often as the pros IN ADDITION TO NCAA testing.

Comment

Working...
                                X