X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC100
    replied
    Originally posted by JumboElliott View Post
    Thompson-Herah is the favorite until someone beats her. It's kind of like when Bolt would lose to Gatlin in a one-off and people (myself included) wondered "is this finally the year?" and then Bolt would show up and romp.
    I'm a bit late to this, but before his ill-fated 2017 campaign, Bolt lost to Gatlin only once. It was at Rome in June 2013, by 0.01 seconds. It was arguably the only loss of Bolt's career when he appeared to be fit and really trying, although it was still early in the season. Bolt and Gatlin largely avoided each other until the major championships.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    The next chapter .. Officially the newest member of the PUMA family!

Abby Steiner on Twitter: "The next chapter .. Officially the newest member of the PUMA family! #foreverfaster @PUMARunning https://t.co/6mSAdQYlXU" / Twitter

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Track78 View Post
    This was already posted at least a page back; that's what the whole discussion is about lol.
    OK, full disclosure, i am away on a fun-filled (aka total chaos) family vacation, with 18 of my closest peeps; I have no idea what's going on!

Leave a comment:

• Track78
    replied
    Originally posted by clementina View Post

I am mindful that the best 200m is 21.34. That woman's OG run will last a while yet , but fans of T and F get carried away with WR predictions.
    I dunno...21.55 in no wind with the Worlds in Eugene coming up where the races will be spaced out more. Give her a tail wind and I think that record is in jeopardy.

Leave a comment:

• Track78
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Ms. Steiner's take on all this: [hint: she's not a happy camper to be the subject of unsubstantiated rumors]

https://twitter.com/abbysteiner1/sta...483520/photo/1
    This was already posted at least a page back; that's what the whole discussion is about lol.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Ms. Steiner's take on all this: [hint: she's not a happy camper to be the subject of unsubstantiated rumors]

You're a day late.

https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...23#post1757223

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    But there's no guarantee of winning a medal, and waiting until after the championships would mean being unable to include a medal bonus (for 2022) in the contract.
    Yep, a bird in hand is always worth more than two in the bush. Her sponsor with want her wearing their shoes during the World Championships and perhaps even run a few commercials during the Championships. Her stock is probably already close to maxing out and on the flip- side, what if she has a major injury during the Championships?

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    Good point, 18.99s. I trust that she has put some thought into this.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
    Works the other way also, I would have thought she'd be in a better position to negotiate after the world championships when she will have likely won a medal.
    But there's no guarantee of winning a medal, and waiting until after the championships would mean being unable to include a medal bonus (for 2022) in the contract.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

If she failed to win a medal her negotiating power would drop. Better to sign before the championships based on expectations of a medal.
    Works the other way also, I would have thought she'd be in a better position to negotiate after the world championships when she will have likely won a medal. Her and her team signing a deal now is a bit like saying "We better take a good deal now, while we can"

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by Chafford1 View Post

Surprised Steiner's getting distracted on this issue now. Surely better to get a medal first and then negotiate afterwards.
    If she failed to win a medal her negotiating power would drop. Better to sign before the championships based on expectations of a medal.

Leave a comment:

• clementina
    replied
    Originally posted by Track78 View Post

I'm with you on this! If SJ has already ran 21.55 - nearly as fast as ETH last year in Tokyo - she is going to drop a scary scary time in Eugene in a couple of weeks. The world record watch is officially on for me.
    I am mindful that the best 200m is 21.34. That woman's OG run will last a while yet , but fans of T and F get carried away with WR predictions.

Leave a comment:

• clementina
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Man's most valuable trait is a judicious sense of what not to believe." - Euripides
    '
    The bottom line is that the people who know aren't talking and the people who are talking don't know. However, one thing that's notable is that Puma hasn't posted anything about Steiner. For all we know she may not have even talked to Puma. Also note that none of the sources for this stuff would fit my definition of a journalist, they're just internet clowns.
    Well said

Leave a comment:

• clementina
    replied
    Hurrah for some sense!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X