Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶'22 mUSATF 200—Noah Lyles 19.67

T&FN formchart

1...... *Noah Lyles......................... (adidas).......................................... .... 2
    2...... *Kenny Bednarek............... (Nike)............................................ ...... 1
    3...... *Erriyon Knighton............... (adidas).......................................... .... 3
    4...... *Fred Kerley........................ (Nike)............................................ ...... 4
    5...... *Christian Coleman............ (Nike)............................................ ...... nr
    6...... *Matthew Boling................. (Georgia)......................................... ... nr
    7...... *Elijah Hall........................... (Nike Red Bull).................................. nr
    8...... *Josephus Lyles................. (adidas/Pure Athletics).................... 7
    9...... *Kyree King......................... (Nike)............................................ ...... 8
    10.... *Cravont Charleston.......... (Tracksmith)...................................... nr
    Last edited by gh; 06-26-2022, 10:06 PM.

Boling shouldn't waste his breath (literally!) here. He's almost a lock in the LJ, due to his Q.

Comment

I see little risk to him running here. He could use the experience, if nothing else. Having said that, if he feels a "tweak" during the race, bail out........

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Boling shouldn't waste his breath (literally!) here. He's almost a lock in the LJ, due to his Q.
        Boling has to beat one of Dendy, McCarter or Harrison in the LJ to get a place in Eugene. Not at all convinced he is likely to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
          Boling has to beat one of Dendy, McCarter or Harrison in the LJ to get a place in Eugene. Not at all convinced he is likely to do that.
          If only Dendy and Boling have the Q, didn't we see they got first dibs on a team spot, regardless of world rank (McPherson case).

Comment

If only Dendy and Boling have the Q, didn't we see they got first dibs on a team spot, regardless of world rank (McPherson case).
            McPherson was that she fell off the top 32, by being pushed out by a another american. Not a likely scenario with McCarter in 21st and Harrison 23rd. You need to look at my thread on current events man

Comment

The Long jump will be decided before the 200m even starts so he'll know if he is on the team there or not.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                McPherson was that she fell off the top 32, by being pushed out by a another american.
                who did NOT beat her at the Trials - that was a huge problem for me (and others). USATF should have declined that spot and asked that McPh be given that spot. I don't know the machinations that might have enabled that scenario, but that stuck in my (and her) craw.
                Last edited by Atticus; 06-23-2022, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Nope! Done before the final - out at 12th. He shouldn't have wasted his time in the LJ since he has always been inconsistent and has not focused on it this year. He probably will stress-out in the 200 and not make the final. And certainly is not going to place in the top 3.

Comment

Top 4 seem really strong here...Hard to see anyone else breaking into that top 4 (Lyles has a bye right?)

But one sleeper may be Elijah Hall. Just ran a couple 9.9’s and the 200m has been his better event.

Comment

20.08 for Knighton in his heat!
                      Easy peasy!
                      LOL

Noah replies with 19.95 (same 1.1 wind as Knighton)!
                      Last edited by aaronk; 06-25-2022, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Knighton is a boy among men . . . and killin' it!

Comment

Why are they running the semis and the final on the same day.

I wish they would run the rounds and semis one week prior and weed out the non finalists and have a fresh final for these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
                            Why are they running the semis and the final on the same day.

I wish they would run the rounds and semis one week prior and weed out the non finalists and have a fresh final for these guys.
                            1 week difference between rounds and finals? I'm not even sure athletes would want that.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

1 week difference between rounds and finals? I'm not even sure athletes would want that.
                              It would interesting to see what they think!

Comment

Working...
                              X