This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    But to compare someone who competed in an era where steroids were rife in T&F, in Football & baseball, where there were no dope tests, where steroids were not illegal...you cannot.
    Are we forgetting how many dirty athletes PASSED/PASS/WILL PASS the doping tests?

Comment

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
      According to David Wallechinsky who writes those great books on past Olympics doping in the old days was mostly drinking a ton of caffeine before the race.
      David W is a very close friend and we work together on Olympic stuff all the time, but on this he's wrong. There was doping around in the 1950s and 1960s - anabolic steroids started being used during WW2 and the 1940s and were developed both in the USA (John Ziegler was the US researcher who developed them) and the Soviet Union as a way to train their military. They were used in sport in the 1950s and the 1960s, although mostly by weightlifters and weight athletes in T&F. As I said in an earlier post, I seriously doubt Hayes was taking anabolics in that era.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

If you think I'm "totally blinkered" to the reality of doping in the 1960s, and going back to the 19th century, and the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s, and even the Ancient Olympics, I'd be happy to have a detailed discussion with you on the history of doping in sport. I think you'll find I'm not too blinkered, or whatever the hell that is.
        I'd like to see someone debate you on Olympic history. I haven't had a solid laugh in a while.

Comment

Working...
        X