Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.77 officially for Jackson, PBs of 10.88 and 10.94 for Nelson and Williams.

JA-Womens100m.png

Comment

I can't wait to see what SJ drops in the 200m.

Comment

Originally posted by Track78 View Post
        Yohan Blake turns back the clock to run 9.85s to win the men's 100m.
        That's his first sub-9.9 since 2012!

Comment

Poor Briana probably relegated to the relay heats at Worlds.

Comment

Lots of confusion before the race, with the gun not working properly. I suspect ETH just dialed it in, whereas Jackson ran to win. Super run from Nelson all the way from lane eight! Williams a few hundredths shy of making an individual race.

Comment

Probably best result for ETH. The pressure will be off her. I still don't think she will repeat her 2021 form. She shouldn't have changed coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                Williams a few hundredths shy of making an individual race.
                And shy of being in the 4x100m final.

But we have to put things in perspective. She's only 20, and of the 4 Jamaican women who are currently faster than her, none had run sub-11 by 20, and only SAFP made a global team at that age (she was in the 4x100 relay heats in Osaka 2007 as a 20-year old).

Comment

Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
                  Probably best result for ETH. The pressure will be off her. I still don't think she will repeat her 2021 form. She shouldn't have changed coach.
                  I tend to agree. Coming off last year and the Worlds in Eugene, it may be her best chance at getting that w100 WR.

Comment

Shericka will challenge Shelly in Eugene. She promised something special in the 200 on Sunday
                    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

I still want Brianna Williams for the 1st leg of the 4 x 100m.

Comment

Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
                        I still want Brianna Williams for the 1st leg of the 4 x 100m.
                        I agree, but if Nelson makes the individual 100m final and runs sub-10.9 again, with the Big 3 all running sub-10.8 again, it's going to be very hard to justify taking out any of those 4 out to put Briana Williams in the final.

Comment

With Blake's 9.85 yesterday, I believe that gives him the 2nd-longest span between first and last sub-9.9 (his first was in 2010), beating Asafa Powell's 11 years (2004-2015). Gatlin has the longest with 15 years (2004-2019).

EDIT: Powell ran sub-9.9 for every consecutive year of that 2004-2015 span.
                          Last edited by 18.99s; 06-25-2022, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                            With Blake's 9.85 yesterday, I believe that gives him the 2nd-longest span between first and last sub-9.9 (his first was in 2010), beating Asafa Powell's 11 years (2004-2015). Gatlin has the longest with 15 years (2004-2019).
                            I assume Blake now has the longest gap between successive sub-9.9s?

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

I assume Blake now has the longest gap between successive sub-9.9s?
                              Yes, I can't find anybody with more than Blake's 10 years (2012-2022). Only Gatlin is close, with an 8-year gap (2005-2013).
                              Last edited by 18.99s; 06-25-2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I think Elaine will be fine. I don't think she needs to be in 10.6 shape to medal but I dont think she's in the form she was in last year....after trials last year she had a month and a few days to get in that form....at the moment, she only has 3 weeks to fine tune herself.
                                Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X