Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blake looked heavy. I believe he would be running in the 9.7s if he had less bulk. Maybe it's not possible for him to trim down.

Comment

Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
      Blake looked heavy. I believe he would be running in the 9.7s if he had less bulk. Maybe it's not possible for him to trim down.
      Or maybe the added muscle helped him run his best time in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Or maybe the added muscle helped him run his best time in 10 years.
        I can't see that one. He never lacked muscles. He didn't look smooth in that 9.85. I am happy for the time. I just think that he can be running in the 9.7s again. I don't know if he will get there.

Comment

Any idea what Tina Clayton plans to do? University or Pros? I think she has one year remaining in high school. I hope she stays in high school. I want to see her run sub 11 at Champs. It will be interesting to see what she decides to do. She can get that 10.88 WJR.

Franno has to get a hold of at least one of these young ladies. There are so many of them running well. Serena Cole, Kevona Davis(needs a lot of work), Clayton twins, Brianna Williams, Brianna Lyston and the other two Hydel young ladies. We are so rich!!
          Last edited by FleetingRedux; 06-25-2022, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
            With Blake's 9.85 yesterday, I believe that gives him the 2nd-longest span between first and last sub-9.9 (his first was in 2010), beating Asafa Powell's 11 years (2004-2015). Gatlin has the longest with 15 years (2004-2019).

EDIT: Powell ran sub-9.9 for every consecutive year of that 2004-2015 span.
            Frankie Frederkicks has 11 years as well right? 1991 - 2002

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post

Nelson could, but I still think it'll be Williams.
              Yes, she can!

The girl from Montego Bay did it.

Jamaica four representatives in the women's 100m

Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce
              Shericka Jackson
              Kemba Nelson
              Elaine Thompson Herah
              My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan View Post
                Yes, she can!

The girl from Montego Bay did it.

Jamaica four representatives in the women's 100m

Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce
                Shericka Jackson
                Kemba Nelson
                Elaine Thompson Herah
                And she's going to the WCs to compete on another home track!

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Frankie Frederkicks has 11 years as well right? 1991 - 2002
                  You're thinking sub-10, I'm talking about sub-9.90. Fredericks only had one sub-9.9 year, 1996 when he ran his PB of 9.86.

Comment

Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post

I can't see that one. He never lacked muscles. He didn't look smooth in that 9.85. I am happy for the time. I just think that he can be running in the 9.7s again. I don't know if he will get there.
                    I think he's forcing it and therefore not as smooth as he once was, that said, he was never the smoothest. The forcing with competition close to him or ahead of him will be the real test in Eugene.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                      I think Elaine will be fine. I don't think she needs to be in 10.6 shape to medal but I dont think she's in the form she was in last year....after trials last year she had a month and a few days to get in that form....at the moment, she only has 3 weeks to fine tune herself.
                      Perhaps the 200m more telling of her form though she has said on social media all the issues at the start affected her and perhaps a learning experience for her if she faced it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post

Perhaps the 200m more telling of her form though she has said on social media all the issues at the start affected her and perhaps a learning experience for her if she faced it again.
                        22.2 in Rome? 22.0 here and i think she will be fine.
                        Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

So who do y'all think is gonna win the 4*100m relay?? The US women for all their international inexperience are STACKED this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                            So who do y'all think is gonna win the 4*100m relay?? The US women for all their international inexperience are STACKED this year!
                            Let's see what sort of form all the ladies are in three weeks from now especially the Americans.

But I feel like theee Jamaicans will be in 10.6 shape and that is gonna be difficult to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post

And she's going to the WCs to compete on another home track!
                              As the french say, formidable!

Comment

Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                                The women's 4x100 at the WC will be a battle for 2nd place. Jamaica is clearly the best team, and they could flirt with the world record. The US, GBR, SUI, and GER will compete for the Silver and Bronze.

Comment

Working...
                                X