Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DentyCracker View Post
    SJ for sprint double and dual WR threat at WC
    I dont think she beats a 10.6 SAFP in form and on a mission.
    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Agreed re SAFP and that 100. An in form and at peak SAFP won’t be beaten this season.

Comment

I said what I said. Tmonk I know you're a Wolmerian like SAFP but so is Franno. I will have my crow VERY WELL DONE if she doesn't take the double and isn't injured
        why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

We not seeing the physical condition that Jackson is in? She looks unbelievable with 3 weeks to go. No doubt she will be super fast in both sprints

Comment

An in form and peak Shelly will not only be beaten, she'll be beaten by two people if they are in form and peak.

But as expected, Elaine's decision to leave MVP looking like the worst decision in the world.

Comment

How much better can they get in three weeks? Last year ETH improved dramatically, but she had five weeks till the Olympics. They have three weeks now.

I'd say the improvements will be more minor across the board. But put that 21.55 with wind on that Oregon track and the world record is surely under threat.

Comment

Jackson solidifies her spot as 200m favorite, which she already had before this meet. SAFP is the clear favorite in the 100m as well.

A Jamaican 100m sweep is very very likely. 200m is tougher but possible. DAS, Steiner, Mboma?, Ofili, Clark etc can all break things up.

I still cant believe Fred Kerley and Shericka Jackson were 400m runners and now are literally the best in the world at their respective short sprints (Kerley 100m, Jackson 200m)

Comment

21.55?! Holy crap. Conditions were terrible too, I'm stunned. On that Eugene track she may well go 21.3. Even typing that feels weird.

But will she double? I don't think so. Shelly-ann ran 10.70 with a poor start at this very meet despite having a bye, and thats her slowest time of the year. Shericka ran 10.77 here, her best time of the season, and didn't look nearly as dominant. I think Shelly-ann is going to drop something crazy very soon.

Elaine's time in that 200m was promising as it's in line with her best at trials. I think she's in top shape, but at this point she could perform very well in Eugene yet still fail to win her first world championship gold...

Comment

Shericka's 100m time is probably deceptive. She was likely affected by the delay too but handled it better than ETH. She was clear that she expected to run much faster than 10.77.

Comment

Okay, so that time from Jackson was about two-tenths faster than I'd forecasted, but not surprised that she's emerging as the clear 200 favourite. I had her down to win the Tokyo gold in the half-lap last year, but that died a swift death in the heats.

She's faster, stronger, and more confident this season. I think there's too little room in the 100 for mistakes and the more established and 'natural' 100m queens will prevail over her there, but she may be the only Jamaican leaving Eugene with an individual WR, if conditions are favourable.

Comment

Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
                        Any idea what Tina Clayton plans to do? University or Pros? I think she has one year remaining in high school. I hope she stays in high school. I want to see her run sub 11 at Champs. It will be interesting to see what she decides to do. She can get that 10.88 WJR.

Franno has to get a hold of at least one of these young ladies. There are so many of them running well. Serena Cole, Kevona Davis(needs a lot of work), Clayton twins, Brianna Williams, Brianna Lyston and the other two Hydel young ladies. We are so rich!!
                        Rumour has it that they (Clayton twins) may be joining Journalist's camp (Elite Performance) Lyston headed to LSU (groan) I hope Franno gets Serena Cole
                        why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Some ppl just won’t learn. Franno always have surprises up his sleeves when it comes to female sprinting. He has done it time and time again. I’m just looking at SJ and that’s the best I’ve seen from a Franno female sprinter being in this type of Physical shape. She looks scary to me. It is reminding me of the physical shape that bolt was in at Beijing 08. SJ thighs looks thick.

Comment

Originally posted by upchuckserious View Post
                            Shericka's 100m time is probably deceptive. She was likely affected by the delay too but handled it better than ETH. She was clear that she expected to run much faster than 10.77.
                            The two youngest in the field still managed to run PBs despite the delay. Shericka is a seasoned pro and got a great start in the final, so I'm skeptical about her being in much better shape than 10.77 right now (although that could be a different story in Eugene).

However 10.67-10.67-10.70 is an unreal set of marks, and Shelly has a bye. It's ard to consider anyone else the favourite with that in mind.

I'm very excited to see how it plays out though.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                              Jackson solidifies her spot as 200m favorite, which she already had before this meet. SAFP is the clear favorite in the 100m as well.

A Jamaican 100m sweep is very very likely. 200m is tougher but possible. DAS, Steiner, Mboma?, Ofili, Clark etc can all break things up.

I still cant believe Fred Kerley and Shericka Jackson were 400m runners and now are literally the best in the world at their respective short sprints (Kerley 100m, Jackson 200m)
                              DAS and Mboma look questionable. I’d love to see ETH regain her 2021 form to challenge both SAFP and SJ

Comment

From last season with the times she ran and after Thompson left that we would see some crazy stuff in the 200. Her best event in high school was the 200. With her 100m times, coupled with her obvious strength with the 400…

Comment

Working...
                                X