Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t_monk View Post
    From last season with the times she ran and after Thompson left that we would see some crazy stuff in the 200. Her best event in high school was the 200. With her 100m times, coupled with her obvious strength with the 400…
    The track gods just won’t cooperate. Last year ET form against this years SJ form would’ve been an unbelievable 200m for the ages. I’m not confident in her regaining that form in 3 weeks because of the switch in coaches. I would love to be wrong here.

Comment

Tonight's race should confirm to SAFP's team to only run the 100 at Worlds, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
        Tonight's race should confirm to SAFP's team to only run the 100 at Worlds, no?
        It should. I don't think she should double. No reason to. She doesn't have a chance at winning gold. She won the 200m in 2013. She should run the 100M and rest for the two rounds of the relays. I don't think she will run the 200M. I get that sense from the interview she gave after the 200M.

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker View Post

Rumour has it that they (Clayton twins) may be joining Journalist's camp (Elite Performance) Lyston headed to LSU (groan) I hope Franno gets Serena Cole
          I was hoping that Franno would get Tina. I guess Shelly is at Elite and she can be her mentor for a few years and then help to coach her later.

Comment

Shericka will be deadly in Eugene. Franno has the recipe for peaking his athletes. I can see her in the 10.6+ and 21.4 or faster. Watch out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post

It should. I don't think she should double. No reason to. She doesn't have a chance at winning gold. She won the 200m in 2013. She should run the 100M and rest for the two rounds of the relays. I don't think she will run the 200M. I get that sense from the interview she gave after the 200M.
              Agreed. I feel you should save multi events for Olympics, unless you're a big fav in both events.

BUT then again, one of the great things about the Womens sprints in general and in the 90s Golden Era was the top sprinters did both the 100/200 in both WCs and Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Paced View Post
                21.55?! Holy crap. Conditions were terrible too, I'm stunned. On that Eugene track she may well go 21.3. Even typing that feels weird.

But will she double? I don't think so. Shelly-ann ran 10.70 with a poor start at this very meet despite having a bye, and thats her slowest time of the year. Shericka ran 10.77 here, her best time of the season, and didn't look nearly as dominant. I think Shelly-ann is going to drop something crazy very soon.

Elaine's time in that 200m was promising as it's in line with her best at trials. I think she's in top shape, but at this point she could perform very well in Eugene yet still fail to win her first world championship gold...
                You don't think SJ will double?? I would genuinely be shocked if she didn't.

Comment

I also think Shericka is getting down to the 10.6 and sub 21.5 for Worlds, especially on that Eugene track

Comment

Originally posted by Track78 View Post

Without looking at the schedule I think she should double. The 100m she's a major threat to win and it could serve as a warmup for the 200.

Comment

• 110m hurdles final

Parchment 13.14
                      Broadbelt 13.20
                      Bennett 13.28

McLeod didn't make it.

100m hurdles final

Anderson 12.53
                      Tapper 12.60
                      Williams 12.66
                      Last edited by shivfan; 06-27-2022, 06:51 AM.
                      My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

• Jackson must start as the favourite for 200m gold now. I still believe Thompson will turn it around a bit come the Worlds, but it may be 21.7 and not, potentially, the 21.5 she needs to win. I'm sorry to say that after this weekends results, I don't see DAS anywhere near defending her title. She is a championship runner, but she hasn't got back to her best yet.
                        As for Mboma, she is the big question mark. But even if she were fit, could she have run 21.5? I'm not sure yet.
                        As it stands, Jackson, Thompson Herah and Steiner are looking like the 200m medalists, but a lot can happen in 3 weeks and let's see who is on the start line.

Comment

• The womens 200m will be a great race, one of the many sprints highlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                            Jackson must start as the favourite for 200m gold now. I still believe Thompson will turn it around a bit come the Worlds, but it may be 21.7 and not, potentially, the 21.5 she needs to win. I'm sorry to say that after this weekends results, I don't see DAS anywhere near defending her title. She is a championship runner, but she hasn't got back to her best yet.
                            As for Mboma, she is the big question mark. But even if she were fit, could she have run 21.5? I'm not sure yet.
                            As it stands, Jackson, Thompson Herah and Steiner are looking like the 200m medalists, but a lot can happen in 3 weeks and let's see who is on the start line.
                            I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. Agree that DAS won't medal this year as she's shown no evidence this year that she has regained her 2018 and 2019 form. Very disappointing for us Brits! I'd put my money on Steiner winning the silver - a very tough athlete with a murderous last 50m.

Comment

• Originally posted by Track78 View Post

She'll definitely show up for both and I think she'll be on the podium in both events, but likely not win gold in the 100m - I expect either silver or bronze depending on what shape ETH shows up in. She's a very, very big favourite for the 200m though. In her post-race interview she actually said she made several mistakes. It looked like a well executed race to me, and she even came off the bend with the lead, but if there is more room to improve then that's even more scary.

SAFP confirmed in her post-race interview that she trained through this meet, with her intention being just to execute a good race and qualify for the 200m. She mentioned at the Paris diamond league a week ago that she was still in heavy training. She's targeting Eugene for her first peak of year, which makes me very confident in her 100m prospects, and makes her 22.14 here in poor conditions more impressive. I think she'll be in 10.6-low shape at worst by Eugene, and comfortably sub-22 in the 200m should she choose to run it.

I can't find a post-race interview for ETH but she mentioned after the 100m that she's in the form of her life. There were some issues with the start of the 100m which she said threw her off mentally for the race, and also mentioned she'd just be running the 200m to qualify rather than attempt a fast time, although it looked like she ran it pretty hard in the end.

I think we're likely to see another 100m sweep at Worlds. Steiner will break up a 200m sweep if she can maintain her form through to Worlds, but I don't think anyone outside of Steiner (that includes Prandini, Clark, DAS, Ofili, Kambundji and SMU if she runs it) will be able to do so.
                              Last edited by Paced; 06-27-2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paced View Post

She'll definitely show up for both and I think she'll be on the podium in both events, but likely not win gold in the 100m - I expect either silver or bronze depending on what shape ETH shows up in. She's a very, very big favourite for the 200m though. In her post-race interview she actually said she made several mistakes. It looked like a well executed race to me, and she even came off the bend with the lead, but if there is more room to improve then that's even more scary.

SAFP confirmed in her post-race interview that she trained through this meet, with her intention being just to execute a good race and qualify for the 200m. She mentioned at the Paris diamond league a week ago that she was still in heavy training. She's targeting Eugene for her first peak of year, which makes me very confident in her 100m prospects, and makes her 22.14 here in poor conditions more impressive. I think she'll be in 10.6-low shape at worst by Eugene, and comfortably sub-22 in the 200m should she choose to run it.

I can't find a post-race interview for ETH but she mentioned after the 100m that she's in the form of her life. There were some issues with the start of the 100m which she said threw her off mentally for the race, and also mentioned she'd just be running the 200m to qualify rather than attempt a fast time, although it looked like she ran it pretty hard in the end.

I think we're likely to see another 100m sweep at Worlds. Steiner will break up a 200m sweep if she can maintain her form through to Worlds, but I don't think anyone outside of Steiner (that includes Prandini, Clark, DAS, Ofili, Kambundji and SMU if she runs it) will be able to do so.
                                I am slightly worried about her form. She actually said the form of her life? I find that hard to imagine really. I guess we'll await Eugene to see. I mean 10.6 may be reachable but i cant see her replicating her 200m Tokyo form.
                                Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X