Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

I am slightly worried about her form. She actually said the form of her life? I find that hard to imagine really. I guess we'll await Eugene to see. I mean 10.6 may be reachable but i cant see her replicating her 200m Tokyo form.
    I'm actually not that concerned. Her times so far this season and her performance at trials (considering how poorly executed her 100m was) are on a similar level to last year, maybe even slightly better. However I don't think it's guaranteed we see similar times to what we saw in Tokyo based on that because in the past there's been little correlation between her early season/trials form and what she actually does at the major championships. I won't know what to expect from her until I actually see her in Eugene.

Comment

• She did run a 10.71 to beat Shelly after 2021 trials. Things took off from there. She needs a similar performance. I am not sure she has enough time. She has a tendency to knock chunks off of her 200m time going into a championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by shivfan View Post
        110m hurdles final
        Parchment 13.14
        Broadbelt 13.20
        Bennett 13.28

McLeod didn't make it.
        Levy?

Comment

• Its obvious ETH has the most room to improve out of the three Jamaicans and while i dont think she will get into 10.5 shape, she would improve into the 10.6 to 10.7 range and easily sub 22 in the 200. Her form looks great to me, execution is so so and it didn't seem like she was really pushing herself knowing she would be an automatic top 3.

Either way, I think we are in for a real showdown in both the 100 and 200, with Abby and the other Americans. Hope DAS shows up fit, should be am exciting race. Anyone know if Mboma will be there? Even if she, probably that injury has taken her out of contention.

Comment

• Jackson's 21.55 moves her past Miller-Uibo, Marion Jones and Griffith-Joyner into the second slot in the 100/200/400 all-time sprinter rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post

Levy?
              The weather in Jamaica was wet, but rumor has it that the Levy was dry!

Comment

• Did anyone notice how sad ETH looked throughout the trials? I hope everything is fine with her.
                Last edited by FleetingRedux; 06-27-2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
                  Has anyone noticed how sad ETH looked throughout the trials? I hope everything is fine with her.
                  Okay then, I am not imagining things. Maybe she lightly regrets the decision to leave MVP
                  Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post

Okay then, I am not imagining things. Maybe she lightly regrets the decision to leave MVP
                    Leaving MVP is like leaving a toxic boss to make a bit less money elsewhere. Sometimes a move like that is worth it for your mental health even if it's not the best for career advancement.

Comment

• Originally posted by chukuyute View Post
                      Some ppl just won’t learn. Franno always have surprises up his sleeves when it comes to female sprinting. He has done it time and time again. I’m just looking at SJ and that’s the best I’ve seen from a Franno female sprinter being in this type of Physical shape. She looks scary to me. It is reminding me of the physical shape that bolt was in at Beijing 08. SJ thighs looks thick.
                      Screaming dying of laughter at Sj thighs look thick.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChitoAZX View Post
                        DAS and Mboma look questionable. I’d love to see ETH regain her 2021 form to challenge both SAFP and SJ
                        Elaine could have left mvp after his year. She waswniffing the world record last year. Why would you leave?shes at the perfect age and hat window is slipping away. I dont believe Sherika can get the 100. I dont even hink Shelly can. If aine doesnt get it we will have to wait til one of those young jamaican girls mature in another half a decade or so and hope everything lines up but im not counting on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chukuyute View Post

The track gods just won’t cooperate. Last year ET form against this years SJ form would’ve been an unbelievable 200m for the ages. I’m not confident in her regaining that form in 3 weeks because of the switch in coaches. I would love to be wrong here.
                          Also sadly Gabby Thomas is injured. That would help push them in the closing stages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                            Jackson must start as the favourite for 200m gold now. I still believe Thompson will turn it around a bit come the Worlds, but it may be 21.7 and not, potentially, the 21.5 she needs to win. I'm sorry to say that after this weekends results, I don't see DAS anywhere near defending her title. She is a championship runner, but she hasn't got back to her best yet.
                            As for Mboma, she is the big question mark. But even if she were fit, could she have run 21.5? I'm not sure yet.
                            As it stands, Jackson, Thompson Herah and Steiner are looking like the 200m medalists, but a lot can happen in 3 weeks and let's see who is on the start line.
                            Ofili maybe. I think Ofili cooked herself for Sec. Thats why i knew Steiner would take ncaa's. Steiner was training thru sec's. Ofili however doesnt have a hard national champs so after ncaa's she likely went back into training.

Comment

• Originally posted by Track78 View Post
                              Its obvious ETH has the most room to improve out of the three Jamaicans and while i dont think she will get into 10.5 shape, she would improve into the 10.6 to 10.7 range and easily sub 22 in the 200. Her form looks great to me, execution is so so and it didn't seem like she was really pushing herself knowing she would be an automatic top 3.

Either way, I think we are in for a real showdown in both the 100 and 200, with Abby and the other Americans. Hope DAS shows up fit, should be am exciting race. Anyone know if Mboma will be there? Even if she, probably that injury has taken her out of contention.
                              Eugene final will be women only

Comment

• Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

The weather in Jamaica was wet, but rumor has it that the Levy was dry!
                                Nice!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X