X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chukuyute
    replied
    Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
    ^ Not quite sold on SJ surpassing SAFP and ET (time-wise) in the 100, but ready to be proven wrong.
    i can understand your argument but if you look closely and analyze all 3, you will see that SJ is the closest sprinter in both the 100 & 200m to Flo jo. She just needs to improve her starts. Neither SAFP nor ET has the finish that SJ possess. I remember when Bolt ran that 9.72 with 1.7 wind on the wet track in NY and folks was saying he was running flat out. He was not and when Mills tapered him for Beijing he was in stunning form (9.5s shape). That’s the beauty about track, you cannot predict some athletes times when they enter in championship form. You can just judge by their regular season. SJ running 21.55 with 0 wind without being in championship form is really scary. ET ran 21.53 in championship form. So it’s gonna be hard to gauge what SJ will do in being in championship form. That’s why I’m excited. She might drop something stunning in Eugene

Leave a comment:

• AFelixFan
    replied
    ^ Not quite sold on SJ surpassing SAFP and ET (time-wise) in the 100, but ready to be proven wrong.

Leave a comment:

• chukuyute
    replied
    Once SJ gets her starting good enough, both the 100m and 200m WR will be in trouble. Flo jo for all intent and purposes had the perfect race model with those records meaning her start, acceleration and finish were on point. SAFP had the first 2 earlier in her career and now has the last 2 late in her career. ET had the last 2 with an ok start. SJ to me looks like she has the last two phases that reminds me of FLO JO. Her background in the 400m has shown that she will be a greater 100m and 200m sprinter (time wise) than both SAFP and ET.

Leave a comment:

• scorpionking
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

Damn, I'm always late for the party! 😋

Now, the question is, which 200 WR will go down first? Will Knighton (19.49) and/or Lyles (19.50) take down Bolt's 19.19? Or will Thompson-Herah (21.53) and/or Jackson (21.55) get to Flo's 21.34?
    Well I'm even later than you! Lol.

Action Jackson...Oh what a sublime performance!!!

Eugene calls for bombs bursting in air!

Leave a comment:

• DentyCracker
    replied
    Levy was hurt earlier this year

Leave a comment:

• clementina
    replied
    Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

Now, the question is, which 200 WR will go down first? Will Knighton (19.49) and/or Lyles (19.50) take down Bolt's 19.19? Or will Thompson-Herah (21.53) and/or Jackson (21.55) get to Flo's 21.34?
    You have a long wait,poster.

Leave a comment:

• Track78
    replied
    I think Flo Jo's WR first out of those two choices.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied

Leave a comment:

• clementina
    replied
    Originally posted by chukuyute View Post

She is giving me Bolt 08 vibes. She looks in prime physical form. Bolt ran 9.72 on a wet track before Beijing and at that time I was shocked and knew he had more in the tank. Shericka ran an unbelievable time on a wet track with zero wind. A little bit of wind would be probably 21.4 high or 21.5 flat. I don’t even want to think of the time she might run in Eugene being in championship form. Can’t wait
    Would be so nice if it was 21.33, but it wont

Leave a comment:

• chukuyute
    replied
    Originally posted by fasttrak85 View Post

Screaming dying of laughter at Sj thighs look thick.
    She is giving me Bolt 08 vibes. She looks in prime physical form. Bolt ran 9.72 on a wet track before Beijing and at that time I was shocked and knew he had more in the tank. Shericka ran an unbelievable time on a wet track with zero wind. A little bit of wind would be probably 21.4 high or 21.5 flat. I don’t even want to think of the time she might run in Eugene being in championship form. Can’t wait

Leave a comment:

• jeremyp
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmn8Vmzb2sM

Leave a comment:

• fasttrak85
    replied
    Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

The weather in Jamaica was wet, but rumor has it that the Levy was dry!
    Nice!!!!

Leave a comment:

• fasttrak85
    replied
    Originally posted by Track78 View Post
    Its obvious ETH has the most room to improve out of the three Jamaicans and while i dont think she will get into 10.5 shape, she would improve into the 10.6 to 10.7 range and easily sub 22 in the 200. Her form looks great to me, execution is so so and it didn't seem like she was really pushing herself knowing she would be an automatic top 3.

Either way, I think we are in for a real showdown in both the 100 and 200, with Abby and the other Americans. Hope DAS shows up fit, should be am exciting race. Anyone know if Mboma will be there? Even if she, probably that injury has taken her out of contention.
    Eugene final will be women only

Leave a comment:

• fasttrak85
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Jackson must start as the favourite for 200m gold now. I still believe Thompson will turn it around a bit come the Worlds, but it may be 21.7 and not, potentially, the 21.5 she needs to win. I'm sorry to say that after this weekends results, I don't see DAS anywhere near defending her title. She is a championship runner, but she hasn't got back to her best yet.
    As for Mboma, she is the big question mark. But even if she were fit, could she have run 21.5? I'm not sure yet.
    As it stands, Jackson, Thompson Herah and Steiner are looking like the 200m medalists, but a lot can happen in 3 weeks and let's see who is on the start line.
    Ofili maybe. I think Ofili cooked herself for Sec. Thats why i knew Steiner would take ncaa's. Steiner was training thru sec's. Ofili however doesnt have a hard national champs so after ncaa's she likely went back into training.

Leave a comment:

• fasttrak85
    replied
    Originally posted by chukuyute View Post

The track gods just won’t cooperate. Last year ET form against this years SJ form would’ve been an unbelievable 200m for the ages. I’m not confident in her regaining that form in 3 weeks because of the switch in coaches. I would love to be wrong here.
    Also sadly Gabby Thomas is injured. That would help push them in the closing stages.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X