Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
    One thing they should have done when they saw how few tix were sold is make some kind of arrangement for school age kids to see the meet for free...no better way to build a fan base for the future...they would have at least spent a few bucks on a coke and hot dog!
    That would be $10

Comment

Geez. I avoided looking into traveling to Eugene for this meet because I assumed I wouldn't be able to find a decent seat. My bad. When I went to watch the OT's there back in 2008, we had to stay on the outer limit of town, but it was a joyful packed crowd. This week was weird.

Doesn't anyone know if hotels were all booked to death?

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

And in 3 weeks will we see another Doha like setting with empty seats despite this being the track mecca of the country?
        I have watched ticket availability on ticketmaster pretty closely. Six nights are very close to sold out.

Comment

And did the WA Council when they rushed to grant the WC to a backwater town with ideas above its station have any consideration that the spectator numbers would not even reach respectability??

Comment

Aren't TV rights worth way than how many people attend? I agree with aaron, why go to a 90+ degre day when the coverage is so good on the computer. I am coming to the WC because it was a bucket list item!

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
              If that meet was held in Chicago or a big sports loving town they would have had major walk ins.
              Maybe. NYC Grand Prix, Millrose etc all have dwindled in support over the years. We literally got NYC to become a DL here and it quickly lost attendance and in 5 years the whole meet was cut. It came back this year to mixed attendance despite big names.

I think the sport just has an issue in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                I was shocked to find it was $35 for general admission, and a hundred bucks if you wanted a seat. I'm no longer surprised by the empty stadium.

Of course, from the looks of it, you could buy the general admission and sit pretty much where you wanted. (That was my old strategy at Angels' games - I always had a much better seat for the last three innings than the first three.)
                If I remember correctly, I paid $95 for the 2013 Championships (at Drake) for the entire meet. And it was an excellent seat (5th or 6th row near the finish line).

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post

If I remember correctly, I paid $95 for the 2013 Championships (at Drake) for the entire meet. And it was an excellent seat (5th or 6th row near the finish line).
                  I really do think the tracktown folks over estimated peoples appetite to spend money on tickets.

Comment

I think many people are only able/willing to go to one big meet, so those people have mostly chosen to go to the WC.

Comment

Other than track and field, I'm guessing there isn't much to attract people to Eugene, Oregon. Seriously...Paris, Monaco, Stockholm, Brussels, London....

Eugene?
                      I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

They have to bring the ticket prices down. Admission cost must match the demand.

Comment

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
                          Other than track and field, I'm guessing there isn't much to attract people to Eugene, Oregon. Seriously...Paris, Monaco, Stockholm, Brussels, London....

Eugene?
                          Smith Family Books!
                          (I worked there for 2 years!)
                          Rennie's Landing deli
                          (Great pastrami sandwiches & omelets)
                          Electric Station
                          (nice restaurant inside a parked train car)
                          Amazon park running trail
                          (it's measured for a mile, 1500, and 1000--wood chips)
                          Saturday Market
                          (arts, crafts, clothing, food, music)
                          Piccadilly Flea Market
                          (about 300 long tables of everything imaginable)

Paris??

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Smith Family Books!
                            Rennie's Landing deli
                            Electric Station
                            Saturday Market
                            Piccadilly Flea Market

Paris??
                            You left out the always compelling watermelon seed spitting contest. Plus women with hairy pits. Who could resist?
                            I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

That would be $10
                              still should have had some program where kids could have come to see the meet for free...once again T&F not being able to get out of its own way!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Smith Family Books!
                                Rennie's Landing deli
                                Electric Station

Saturday Market
                                Piccadilly Flea Market

Paris??
                                Oregon Electric Station is no longer an option - it closed back in 2020.

And you forgot the Cascades Raptor Center (way cool), booze tasting at a boatload of fine local wineries, distilleries & breweries, along with easy side trips to the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade mountains, amongst other things. The fact that Eugene is not a huge city has benefits . . .
                                Last edited by bad hammy; 06-27-2022, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X