Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chafford1 View Post
    Jacobs may miss Eugene altogether and focus on the ECs in Munich in mid August.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the same with Warholm (and others). If they don’t see a World medal in their future, will put focus on EC or Commenwealth G.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post

Then this guy will show up and run like 9.68 in Eugene watch.
      More root. He will not do anything. He is not fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
        Mu is not as good as she was last year: she ran under 50 secs 3 times and was 1 second faster over 800m. Eugene may see her back to her best, but for now she isn't there.

And no woman has dipped under 1:57 yet, which means it could be a closer race than many think.

Moraa is comfortably under 51 in the 400 and has just run two 1:57s in her last races. She's on an upwards trajectory. On paper she's a challenger.
        Nothing makes track and field more fun than when one sees the fans who absolutely know what's going to happen fall flat on their faces.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMysterio View Post

They're more relieved that Keely ran a poor race and is now devalued.

No one is really tearing up this event, the scenario of the entire field running 1:56 when they only run a 58 first lap is pretty remote.
          Keely H is no more "devalued" than the "unbeatable" Mu was when earlier in the year she was not yet on song.There may be no pacer in the final so who knows ; as for the posters on this Forum predicting absurdly quick times by 3 athletes...weird.A lot of predictions for the final of the 800m may well depend on whether a mistake is made in a top 2 only semi, or a very tough semi to make the final. I firmly predict it will not be the Tokyo re run.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SoCal45;n1756631]

won't predict a USA sweep but I do agree all 3 will be under 1:55.50...now it is up to the others to do the same![/
            what, another possible sweep. How moderate. Not only will it have athletes from other countries but it wont be 3 USA women under 1.55.50, I predict. Just as likely to be a tactical 1.57 ish type race.The medallists dont care much about times, only Forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by clementina View Post

Keely H is no more "devalued" than the "unbeatable" Mu was when earlier in the year she was not yet on song.There may be no pacer in the final so who knows ; as for the posters on this Forum predicting absurdly quick times by 3 athletes...weird.A lot of predictions for the final of the 800m may well depend on whether a mistake is made in a top 2 only semi, or a very tough semi to make the final. I firmly predict it will not be the Tokyo re run.
              Well yes, I mean devalued in the fans' eyes. I think she just had a poor race, for sure poor tactics if you can even call them tactics.
              I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
                Bol must not have liked it during the press conference yesterday when they introduced her as the backup plan. The hostess matter of factly said we didn't invite you or promote you but the woman we did invite didn't get here in time, so we'll talk to you instead.

Bol did a great job carrying more speed around the final turn. It equated to the first time she has gone well under 16 seconds from 8 home. She reached 8 at the same time as Oslo -- 36.5 -- but finished 15.77 seconds later instead of 16.11 in Oslo, after chopping to 16 steps on 10.

I don't think she can go much faster than that from 8 home. My offseason estimate was 15.7 best case. She probably could have been 15.7 today if not for the wobble over 10 which caused her right shoulder to dip and a sideways step to the right. That slight loss of balance obviously is Bol's tendency when she's not accustomed to carry that much speed late. The same type of shoulder dip happened in Ostrava after the final hurdle during the 36.86 at 300.

Entering 2022 I thought the two areas she could improve was more aggressive on the final turn and remaining much closer to the left lane line during turns. She has started to maximize the first part. But there hasn't been any change toward greater loyalty to the left side. She was very wide after 8 today, the same thing that happened in Tokyo when there was such a glaring difference between where Dalilah and Sydney were positioned compared to Femke.
                I have a question about this part of your forensic analysis. Are you saying that she only lost 7 hundredths of a second over that last hurdle? I immediately groaned and figured she not only lost time because she ended up taking a longer route to the finish, but she lost time regaining her balance and momentum. I'm guessing .25 and the commentators also believed without that it would've been close to 52.00.

And again, something that is still ignored is this is only her second full season of running the hurdles. The goddesses have been running this event since high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
                  And again, something that is still ignored is this is only her second full season of running the hurdles. The goddesses have been running this event since high school.
                  3rd full season. She had 10 meets with the 400mh in 2019.

But yes, SM and DM have far more experience in it than Bol. McLaughlin has 400mh times on her World Athletics profile going back to 2014, and Muhammad going back to 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by clementina View Post
                    Just as likely to be a tactical 1.57 ish type race.
                    Originally posted by clementina View Post
                    I firmly predict it will not be the Tokyo re run.
                    Originally posted by clementina View Post
                    Nothing makes track and field more fun than when one sees the fans who absolutely know what's going to happen fall flat on their faces.
                    Self-deprecation is an endearing trait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
                      Great run from Bol on a cool evening and with a very untidy last hurdle. Was worth more than that. Sub 52 in Eugene for sure.
                      Actually it was a for Stockholm very warm evening with the temperature in the (on the infield non-existent) shade around 26 C when Bol ran.
                      It was still 23-24 C when the meet ended at 10 p.m. (when the sun had yet to set!!).

So weatherwise the conditions were close to ideal (the at times somewhat gusty wind the only problem).

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

3rd full season. She had 10 meets with the 400mh in 2019.

But yes, SM and DM have far more experience in it than Bol. McLaughlin has 400mh times on her World Athletics profile going back to 2014, and Muhammad going back to 2005!
                        That's true even though most of them were U20 meets. Near the end of the season she started getting in more elite meets.

Comment

• Few postings re two pretty good events. The JT with two at or very near the 90 m mark, even now pretty tough to reach. And the 3000 m run with two below 7:30, still pretty good - Komen seemingly still out of reach of ordinary mortals. Last 400 well below 60 seconds, no wonder Kiplimo wilted a bit. Lobalu looked fantastic with a last lap at about 55 seconds. What's this guys background?

Comment

• Originally posted by catson52 View Post
                            Few postings re two pretty good events. The JT with two at or very near the 90 m mark, even now pretty tough to reach. And the 3000 m run with two below 7:30, still pretty good - Komen seemingly still out of reach of ordinary mortals. Last 400 well below 60 seconds, no wonder Kiplimo wilted a bit. Lobalu looked fantastic with a last lap at about 55 seconds. What's this guys background?
                            South Sudanese native, fled the wars to Kenya as a boy and took up running there. Competed for the countryless Athlete Refugee Team in the 1500 at the 2017 World Champs, eliminated in the heats. Been based in Switzerland since 2019. Steady improvements over a variety of distances in the last couple of years, but nothing that suggested a 7:29 or outkicking Kiplimo. Previous PB 7:49; other PBs include 3:39, 13:34, 27:58 and 1:01:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by catson52 View Post
                              Few postings re two pretty good events. The JT with two at or very near the 90 m mark, even now pretty tough to reach. And the 3000 m run with two below 7:30, still pretty good - Komen seemingly still out of reach of ordinary mortals. Last 400 well below 60 seconds, no wonder Kiplimo wilted a bit. Lobalu looked fantastic with a last lap at about 55 seconds. What's this guys background?
                              I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Alekna, I thought that was one of the biggest talking points of the night. That was his first time throwing against most of those guys and he nearly beat them all, at 19. He's gone from 63.52 ➡ 66.70 ➡ 67.68 ➡ 68.73 ➡ 69.00 ➡ 69.81. Golds at world and European U20 level suggest he is good at keeping his nerve

The Olympic champ (Chopra) throws another nation record and it's only good enough for 2nd in the second meet in a row. He doesn't compete much but when he does show up he operates at a high level

Comment

• Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
                                I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Alekna,
                                The Olympic champ (Chopra) throws another nation record and it's only good enough for 2nd in the second meet in a row.
                                IMO, Alekna has moved into the top three with Stahl and Ceh.
                                Chopra/Peters is a pick-em in Eugene.

Comment

Working...
                                X