Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time I used Peacock to watch a track meet and amazing 2 hours of no commercials and saw all field and diamond track events, shorter and more interesting than a Sunday NFL or MLB game.
    Question on physics that I saw and don't have answer for: 1) Long Jumping: Is "bicycling" through the air better than "stationary feet forward" leap?? 2) In steeplechase is it more efficient to hurdle water jump and land deeper in water than to step on bar and leap further and shallower into the water? I have steeplechased twice (once in HS and once as a Freshman in College and feared if I missed stepping on the hurdle, I would fall into waist high water and never get out and be trampled by runners behind me??
    Mondo is unbelievable and has such a great superior form and ability to stretch over a 20'+bar. Great role model and representative for T&F and Sweden home crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by midwestfan View Post
      Question on physics that I saw and don't have answer for: 1) Long Jumping: Is "bicycling" through the air better than "stationary feet forward" leap?? .....
      in the end it makes no difference, since once you're in the air nothing you can do makes any change in your speed. What is important is getting into a position where you land with the greatest extension possible (without falling back on immpact).

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
        in the end it makes no difference, since once you're in the air nothing you can do makes any change in your speed. What is important is getting into a position where you land with the greatest extension possible (without falling back on impact).
        I'm still wondering why people do anything in the air with their feet except get them up and out of the way. Lean forward so you can move your center of gravity (the whole buttual area) slightly forward.

Comment

• If you've got an hour to kill here's a static camera shot of the Stockholm warmup track. Looks like Femke in the yellow top and black tights in the first ten minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz_gqmJHikg
          Last edited by JMysterio; 07-02-2022, 11:36 PM.
          I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

Working...
          X