Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    TYhat's what I awas thionking.
    I know the money is good (and needed), but now is not the time for Americans to be overseas. Now is the time to put your head down and meticulously prepare the final weeks before the Show.
    Right - because the athletes competing in Stockholm (many of whom are “overseas”) don’t have to worry about preparing for the World Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
      Bol ran 52.37 here a year ago. I realize as you get faster your time curve decreases but she's cut off .39/.42/.72 in her 3 comparable races from last year's schedule.
      Last year Bol had Shamier Little gain ground on the turn then chase her all the way to the wire in the adjacent lane. That race is Little's personal best of 52.39. She won't be there this year.

I suppose Bol could do it on her own if she goes out fast like Oslo. Her priority will be to maintain the stride pattern throughout. She won't want to flub that again in her last race prior to worlds.

Last week's half hour episode of Track and Field Weekly had a good short interview with Bol immediately following that race. She said when she messed up the 10th hurdle she was thinking to herself, "Oh no...what did I do!"

Then when she saw the time she was shocked because she didn't think she was capable of that time without a "flawless" race.

I'd like to see Bol attack the bend between 7 and 8. She has no variance whatsoever coming home. Regardless of venue or circumstance always 16 seconds from 8 to wire. She never stumbles around but she also doesn't have enough natural acceleration to steal a few extra tenths. The only way I see it happening is if she starts taking more risks around the turn, like the 300 race in Ostrava. Bol only required 14.46 seconds over the final 3 hurdles there. I had to look at that several times before accepting it as correct. She reached the third to last hurdle at 22.4 and finished at 36.86. It was a truly exceptional time, not one that Sydney could blow away by substantial margin.

It confirmed to me that Bol gets stuck at 16 primarily because she lopes around the bend wide in the lane and doesn't carry enough momentum over 8. Of course, that style would assume greater risk, like Shamier desperately trying to keep up with Dalilah and Sydney last year at trials, clipping hurdle 8 as result. Bol's camp might not believe the risk is worth it. She's not beating Sydney anyway unless Sydney has a calamity.

Comment

Bol has had several races now and is half a second from her PB; Syd has raced two races and essentially they are both better than her PB/WR. So I do think that she will be racing for a very good second rather than trying to match Syd and risk blowing up or getting off on the hurdle pattern and losing to someone like DM (her current level is not really known) that she might beat; Awsi's post made me see this more clearly.

Comment

Also, I noticed that they lists Mondo's PB as 6.15; what's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
            His indoor WR doesn't count outdoors.
            I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

Not saying they're correct, but that is his outdoor PB.

Comment

Bol has had several races now and is half a second from her PB; Syd has raced two races and essentially they are both better than her PB/WR. So I do think that she will be racing for a very good second rather than trying to match Syd and risk blowing up or getting off on the hurdle pattern and losing to someone like DM (her current level is not really known) that she might beat; Awsi's post made me see this more clearly.
                Well, he's been singing this song all season but all Bol keeps doing is not only improving from last year to this year, she's improving every meet.
                Last edited by JMysterio; 06-29-2022, 12:42 AM.
                I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

Men’s DT should be very interesting, most medal contenders will be there.

Comment

Didnt Jacobs run like a 10.12 to win the Italian championships recently. Cant gain too much from that but Jacobs is an excellent technician and very talented. He does seem very injury prone and he will have to improve fast to get in the 9.7's If he does in like 2 weeks then it will be fun watching The 4 Americans, Jacobs , and De Grasse. I think Blake could sneak in there as well as the Chinese sprinter and Maybe a Brit. I will tell you it is odd that every time he runs a super fast time he disapeers for a while. Howevfer studying his technique ,he reminds me of a more effiicient Asafa Powell.

Comment

Jacobs smells of a fluke to me. This WC will tell us the truth. I think he will pull out of Stockholm too.

Comment

Won the European indoors, Olympics and the world indoors but ok he's a fluke. He was ready to race with kerley and the other big boys as early as in may, starting with the nairobi continental tour before pulling out due to getting food poisoning there and then getting injured but sureeee he's a fluke.

Comment

Bol has said before she needs races to find her rhythm and is better when racing stronger athletes. She's had such huge margins in her races this summer, she needs a Muhammad or a McLuaghlin to push her. On the other hand, McLaughlin could run fast even if she were the only one in the race, she has such good tunnel vision.

Jacobs was showing great form at the start of the season. His NC win was decent, but he has just 3 weeks to get in form. He is a medal threat, but no longer a gold medal contender in my book, not with Kerley in that form.

I'm not sure I would be running in Stockholm if I had just run my NCs the weekend before and was getting ready for the Worlds. A number of Brits have withdrawn already, and I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
                            Won the European indoors, Olympics and the world indoors but ok he's a fluke. He was ready to race with kerley and the other big boys as early as in may, starting with the nairobi continental tour before pulling out due to getting food poisoning there and then getting injured but sureeee he's a fluke.
                            Diara i am not sure he is a fluke but he does seem to run super fast then pulls out for long stretchs. I think The brits questioned him. However they looked dumb after Ujah got busted. I think he is talented and he is very technical. He is very efficient. However i just find it weird that he always disappears for stretches after he runs really well. I figured he would run in Europe to get more attention after his win, but he just disapperaed. Well, Hope he is ready for Eugene. Kerley will be ready, Coleman i feel will be better than recent runs. Brommell should be way better than last year after he was way overraced. Bracy is a mystery. He seems to stay injured alot. De Grasse is a big meet performer as we all know and he is essentially on home turf as well. Just hope Jacobs doesnt pull out . Hope he is ready and at the top of his game.

Comment

It's quite silly how paranoid people are on this Forum on occasion. Bol can improve her best by half a second, which I seriously doubt , and she will still be second or third. Just not fast enough, not a great enough technician, running on another's home track as it were, and has plenty of opportunity to medal later in the year. Calm down, posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jshapco2 View Post
                                Jacobs smells of a fluke to me. This WC will tell us the truth. I think he will pull out of Stockholm too.
                                What Jacobs achieved was a one off and will not be replicated at WC or OG level. He is one of the 50/60 per cent of track medalists last year in Tokyo , who will not replicate in Eugene. Not saying he will never go sub 10 again. Not this year, right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X