Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post

Diara i am not sure he is a fluke but he does seem to run super fast then pulls out for long stretchs. I think The brits questioned him. However they looked dumb after Ujah got busted. I think he is talented and he is very technical. He is very efficient. However i just find it weird that he always disappears for stretches after he runs really well. I figured he would run in Europe to get more attention after his win, but he just disapperaed. Well, Hope he is ready for Eugene.
    When did he disappear for stretches after running well? After Tokyo? So did Miller-Uibo and McLaughlin. This year? He's been injured much the same as Rai Benjamin who ran 3 good races then disappeared until trials this weekend.

Who knows what Jacobs will do in Eugene, but I think theres a bit of reaching.

Comment

Originally posted by clementina View Post

What Jacobs achieved was a one off and will not be replicated at WC or OG level. He is one of the 50/60 per cent of track medalists last year in Tokyo , who will not replicate in Eugene. Not saying he will never go sub 10 again. Not this year, right now.
      Calm down.
      I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jshapco2 View Post
        Jacobs smells of a fluke to me. This WC will tell us the truth. I think he will pull out of Stockholm too.
        You're thinking he's another Yuliya Nesterenko, eh? If he runs 9.95 before the World Champs, he'll probably stick around. Next year will tell us more.

Comment

start lists now posted

https://stockholm.diamondleague.com/...RENTEVENT_JSON

Comment

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
            Bol ran 52.37 here a year ago. I realize as you get faster your time curve decreases but she's cut off .39/.42/.72 in her 3 comparable races from last year's schedule.
            Well, last year Syd ran one race (in June) prior to the trials - 52.83. So her 51.61 cut 1.21 seconds off of the prior year's marks, so an average of 0.51 for Bol means what in comparison?

Comment

Some great field events like the men's DT and JT and women's LJ. There'll be some local interest in the men's PV of course!

Comment

mPV: Lightfoot out, Obiena in

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post

Diara i am not sure he is a fluke but he does seem to run super fast then pulls out for long stretchs. I think The brits questioned him. However they looked dumb after Ujah got busted. I think he is talented and he is very technical. He is very efficient. However i just find it weird that he always disappears for stretches after he runs really well. I figured he would run in Europe to get more attention after his win, but he just disapperaed. Well, Hope he is ready for Eugene. Kerley will be ready, Coleman i feel will be better than recent runs. Brommell should be way better than last year after he was way overraced. Bracy is a mystery. He seems to stay injured alot. De Grasse is a big meet performer as we all know and he is essentially on home turf as well. Just hope Jacobs doesnt pull out . Hope he is ready and at the top of his game.
                  I'm confused about the long stretches, you keep mentioning. He was probably overwhelmed by his great performance at the Olympics and deservedly took off the remainder of the season as did many other track and field superstars namely, Sydney McLaughlin, Rai Benjamin, shaunae miller uibo, Gong, Gudaf Tsegay, Mutaz Essa Barshim and so many others.
                  And among all the aforementioned, only he, Gudaf and Shaunae went on to compete in this year's indoor season, even going up against and shockingly beating the 60m world record holder at the world indoors. I'm not even an ardent supporter of the guy or something, but he had literally signed up for numerous diamond League and continental tours appearances before the diamond season even fully got underway.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by clementina View Post

What Jacobs achieved was a one off and will not be replicated at WC or OG level. He is one of the 50/60 per cent of track medalists last year in Tokyo , who will not replicate in Eugene. Not saying he will never go sub 10 again. Not this year, right now.

Clementina? ​​​​​Not surprised.

Comment

Last chance for DAS to show some form before Eugene against an in-form Kambundji in the 200m.
                      Last edited by Chafford1; 06-29-2022, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

Well, last year Syd ran one race (in June) prior to the trials - 52.83. So her 51.61 cut 1.21 seconds off of the prior year's marks, so an average of 0.51 for Bol means what in comparison?
                        Any athlete concentrates on their own improvement and doesn't worry about what they can't control. What SM does has nothing to do with Bol. The point is she is progressing on a curve that will get her potentially well under 52. You know she ran 52.03 last year, are you saying she can't go any faster?
                        I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

about an hour until first event starts, wSP

Comment

Jacobs out of the mens 100m according to Twitter. Feeling slight pain
                            Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
                              Jacobs out of the mens 100m according to Twitter. Feeling slight pain
                              as predicted on another thread

Comment

Boom! Ealey with another 20m+ shot

Comment

Working...
                                X