Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
    Didnt Jacobs run like a 10.12 to win the Italian championships recently. Cant gain too much from that but Jacobs is an excellent technician and very talented. He does seem very injury prone and he will have to improve fast to get in the 9.7's If he does in like 2 weeks then it will be fun watching The 4 Americans, Jacobs , and De Grasse. I think Blake could sneak in there as well as the Chinese sprinter and Maybe a Brit. I will tell you it is odd that every time he runs a super fast time he disapeers for a while. Howevfer studying his technique ,he reminds me of a more effiicient Asafa Powell.
    DeGrasse will be going into the meet with questions and will be in tough to challenge the Americans. He is still recovering from Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
      Boom! Ealey with another 20m+ shot
      Wow - 20.30 is the real deal. Song and Gong and Mitton et al better be on their A+ game.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

as predicted on another thread
        Jacobs may miss Eugene altogether and focus on the ECs in Munich in mid August.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Wow - 20.30 is the real deal. Song and Gong and Mitton et al better be on their A+ game.
          And 20.48 to finish. Ealey is on right now.

Comment

Ealey wins it at 67-2.25 (or 20.48 for you metric geeks!), just a bit under her recent PR!
            Mitton a good 2nd!
            We might see a North American Gold & Silver in Eugene!

Comment

Ealey is starting to look like the favourite for gold in Oregon, she's been unbeaten all season, numerous throws over 20m.

Comment

Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
                Ealey is starting to look like the favourite for gold in Oregon, she's been unbeaten all season, numerous throws over 20m.
                I think she is the clear favorite. The only problem is Song doesn't throw outside China, so if she comes to Eugene and wins, it wouldn't be a surprise. But for now, I would consider Ealey losing an upset just based on what we have seen this season.

Comment

third-best put by an American ever

Comment

Switzerland ran 42.13 for a MR, with Kambundji on 2nd leg and Del Ponte on anchor!

Comment

Wasn‘t perfect by far, sub 42 potential and a serious threat for the WCH medals

Comment

.05 off of what they ran in the Oly where they got 4th. Same lineup except for one but looks like they changed the order if both results are accurate.

Can you say "Kambundji"?
                        I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Comment

Into the 5th round, no one has jumped 8 meters yet!
                          Even the USATF juniors had an 8 meter LJ or 2!!

I spoke too soon!!
                          Tentoglou just jumped 8.31---but still the only 8+ jump!
                          Last edited by aaronk; 06-30-2022, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

I think she is the clear favorite. The only problem is Song doesn't throw outside China, so if she comes to Eugene and wins, it wouldn't be a surprise. But for now, I would consider Ealey losing an upset just based on what we have seen this season.
                            The other factor is Dongmo, she beat Chase at world indoors

Comment

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
                              .05 off of what they ran in the Oly where they got 4th. Same lineup except for one but looks like they changed the order if both results are accurate.

Can you say "Kambundji"?
                              Frey is the new one, can‘t remember the name of the one last year in the Oly, but Frey looks much better with a solid 11.23 (0.3) PB from this season at the national champs last week.

Comment

Neeraj Chopra has JT lead with 89.94, or 295-1!!
                                Another Meet Record, old by Thorkildsen from 2006!!

And ANOTHER Meet Record!!
                                Anderson Peters hits 90.31 to top Chopra after 3 rounds!
                                Last edited by aaronk; 06-30-2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X