Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the DL website he might be going for 6.21!
    EDIT: (or it's maybe just the automatic +0.5)

Comment

• Will he give 6.21 a shot? I used to tell my PVers, after a great height, they got one jump at the next height. If you're close, you get another, same for a third. It's hard to rechannel the adrenaline.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceil View Post
        According to the DL website he might be going for 6.21!
        EDIT: (or it's maybe just the automatic +0.5)
        There's no mandatory heights with only one jumper (winner) left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Will he give 6.21 a shot? I used to tell my PVers, after a great height, they got one jump at the next height. If you're close, you get another, same for a third. It's hard to rechannel the adrenaline.
          Looks like he isn't in the end... Of course it's an amazing performance but isn't it slightly underwhelming if the best we're to expect out of Eugene is a 6.17?

Comment

Looks like he isn't in the end... Of course it's an amazing performance but isn't it slightly underwhelming if the best we're to expect out of Eugene is a 6.17?
            Mondo is a showman. On the world's biggest stage, he will indeed go for 6.21.

Comment

MONDO OVER EASY!!! 6.16.

With the standards in by 5cm, that was a 6.25 jump.
              Why are they showing 6.16 being an NR for Mondo ... hasn't he jumped higher outdoors? I know he has indoors.

Edit: I guess it is a PR ... and an outdoor WR, for those who still keep track of those.
              Last edited by steveu; 06-30-2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

You know I really disagree with World Athletics combing the PV indoor and outdoor world records. It really is very different especially for the pole vault. I think most vaulters agree and that is why we see Mondo still treating it as if they are different world records. If Mondo jumps 6.17 at Eugene I'll be ecstatic. I don't think we have ever seen a jump over 6.06 on US soil!

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post
                  There's your (perhaps) new WC favorite. Moraa is a very big threat to Mu.
                  Absolutely is a threat to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jshapco2 View Post

You know I really disagree with World Athletics combing the PV indoor and outdoor world records. It really is very different especially for the pole vault. I think most vaulters agree and that is why we see Mondo still treating it as if they are different world records. If Mondo jumps 6.17 at Eugene I'll be ecstatic. I don't think we have ever seen a jump over 6.06 on US soil!
                    Mondo's contract might give the outdoor WR bonus/performance payments. I think that he wants a big one if he hits 6.21 or anything else above 6.16 in Eugene.

On the conditioning of Mu, it is pretty uncertain to me. She can go faster but maybe not as much faster as Moraa. Unlike others at the Trials, Mu was peaking for later, especially in light of COVID.

Comment

The Crystal Ball (not me!) says:

Mu 1:54.24
                      Ajee' 1:55.05
                      Rogers 1:55.22
                      Hodgkinson and Moraa, stumbling for a tie at 1:55.45.
                      I wouldn't go that far but I would love to see Mu pop another fast negative split. If she intends to do that and she wants 1:54.00, she'll have to open in 57.3.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Diamond_League/s...06930916655106
                        Great itw, love the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                          Going to be tough for DAS in a few weeks. 3 Americans in 22.0 second form or better and running at home, 3 jamaicans in 22.1 form or better.
                          She will likely final but I do not see a medal. May be quicker in August.
                          By the way, there is a definite assumption here that everything that just happened in the sprints and hurdles in your trialswill be replicated in 2 weeks time with talk of sweeps in a number of events. Nonsense ,of course. Remember last year when Holloway could not possibly lose the hurdles in Tokyo.

Comment

NO!!!!
                            Absolutely NOT!!!
                            In case you don't know me very well, I don't give a rat's ass what WA or USATF or any governing body, or statistical body (including T&FN!) has to say!
                            MY Record Book & blog says there is an INdoor season, with its own records & lists, and there is an OUTdoor season, with its own set of records and lists!

Thus, if Mondo clears 6.17 in Eugene, it will be a WORLD RECORD!!
                            And I at least will be celebrating THAT World Record as the BEST EVER!!!
                            His INdoor WR is the WR for INdoors ONLY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

NO!!!!
                              Absolutely NOT!!!
                              In case you don't know me very well, I don't give a rat's ass what WA or USATF or any governing body, or statistical body (including T&FN!) has to say!
                              MY Record Book & blog says there is an INdoor season, with its own records & lists, and there is an OUTdoor season, with its own set of records and lists!

Quite right Aaron. Let
                              no one call you an arrogant know all😁😁

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

NO!!!!
                                Absolutely NOT!!!

No need to hold back, aaronk, feel free to let us know how you really feel..... lol

Comment

Working...
                                X