Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eugene World Champs Team Announcements [final entries posted]

Seems like a single thread for these would be useful.
    First pass at the UK team.
    https://athleticsweekly.com/athletic...ed-1039957886/
    Last edited by gh; 07-08-2022, 04:04 PM.

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
    Seems like a single thread for these would be useful.
    First pass at the UK team.
    https://athleticsweekly.com/athletic...ed-1039957886/
    I wonder why Jeremiah Azu, who did not have a legal qualifying mark, but won the 100m title in 9.90w, was withdrawn? His world ranking placed him 38th.

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 8.09.26 AM.png

Comment

French team - https://www.athle.fr/asp.net/main.ht...px?htmlid=6385

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
        Monsieur Martinot-Lagarde (he of the 7.46i this year) has been watching the USA 110H shenanigans with bemused interest. Time for him to break up that Ami 4-sweep with Señor Parchment.

Comment

Nope, I stand by my prediction that it'll be Zhoya who spoils the party...
          Last edited by AS; 06-30-2022, 02:45 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
            Nope, I stand by my prediction that it'll be Zhoya who spoils the party...
            That's a lot to ask of the young man this soon.

Comment

He'll do what I tell him!!! Although my pull obviously isn't that strong given his abandonment of his homeland for the snail-eating northern option...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                That's a lot to ask of the young man this soon.
                He does seem to perform well under pressure, although U20 world/euro champs and actual world champs are completely different things. A high 13.0x is definitely possible and that has been medal-worthy for a lot (all?) of the recent WCs/OGs I can remember.

Originally posted by AS View Post
                He'll do what I tell him!!! Although my pull obviously isn't that strong given his abandonment of his homeland for the snail-eating northern option...
                Little known is the fact that snails ARE what give the French team secret powers over the hurdles.

Comment

Ukrainian team: https://uaf.org.ua/2022/06/29/sklad-...hkoi-atletyky/

Comment

Originally posted by andyjgt View Post
                    If you can't be bovvered to open it in Chrome ...

UKR-2022WCh-Team.jpg

Comment

I like "pushing the nucleus" - sounds better than shot put

Comment

Originally posted by br View Post

I wonder why Jeremiah Azu, who did not have a legal qualifying mark, but won the 100m title in 9.90w, was withdrawn? His world ranking placed him 38th.

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 8.09.26 AM.png
                        Perhaps he's decided a trip to Eugene for the relay only isn't worth it and therefore it's better to concentrate on the Commonwealth Games and European Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                          I like "pushing the nucleus" - sounds better than shot put
                          Although that's probably a quirk of Google Translate, I do like some of the local names for the Shot Put ...

In Latin American Spanish it's sometimes called Impulsión de la bala (literally "Bullet drive"!) and in German it's Kugelstossen - but sadly it's Kugel-stossen rather than Kugels-tossen.

Comment

Portuguese team
                            https://fpatletismo.pt/atletismo/ger...de-oregon2022/
                            Sorru to be in portuguese but I believe the track field experts will understand and it is a good way to learm some portuguese words 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Chafford1 View Post

Perhaps he's decided a trip to Eugene for the relay only isn't worth it and therefore it's better to concentrate on the Commonwealth Games and European Championships.
                              He has been named in the relay squad however. Maybe he had told the selectors he wasn't interested in selection for the 100m in Eugene not realising this wasn't necessary as his ranking falls outside UK Athletics' criteria for selection.

Comment

Working...
                              X