Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goucher's Comment

I watched the replay of the trials' hot and sweaty women's 5000 and she mentioned how none of the runners should be wearing sunscreen or deodorant during the race as she felt it doesn't allow the skin to breathe.

Kind of makes sense but I'm just wondering why they would wear it during any race. Do they actually do that even if it's not hot?
    I'm the best poster. Just ask me.

Has this MB morphed into Let's Run's Forum?
    I mean, really.....deodorant or not deodorant??
    LOL

Comment

Hey, she said it. I never heard of it.

Comment

Does Sunscreen Affect Your Performance When Running in the Heat?
        Running in the heat brings runners many challenges, including sunburn. But does sunscreen block pores and increase overheating, impacting performance?

Comment

Originally posted by JMysterio View Post
          Hey, she said it. I never heard of it.
          Touche!
          So, taking this seriously, I would think NOT using deodorant---or ANY kind of spray-on--would be best!
          In hot sun weather, it becomes sticky, like hard clay, so anything that FEELS icky is a no-no!

Comment

I can't imagine you lose much heat through sweat produced in your armpits. Also, I don't believe that deodorant blocks sweating. That's what antiperspirant does, though antiperspirant seems to make up about 95% of the deodorant aisle these days.

For sunscreen, maybe she's still wary of creams due to her time with the Nike Oregon Project.

Comment

Originally posted by Merner521 View Post
              I can't imagine you lose much heat through sweat produced in your armpits. Also, I don't believe that deodorant blocks sweating. That's what antiperspirant does, though antiperspirant seems to make up about 95% of the deodorant aisle these days.

For sunscreen, maybe she's still wary of creams due to her time with the Nike Oregon Project.
              Haha...

That link provided seems inconclusive. I do know that once I had sunscreen and didn't get it all off my hands and when I rubbed my eyes I nearly went blind.

Comment

Something tells me that this thread is going to have a short shelf life. 🤔

Comment

It's had over 100 views...so people are looking.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
                    Something tells me that this thread is going to have a short shelf life. 🤔
                    Having just checked my bathroom it's 24 months for deodorant and 18 for sunscreen................

Comment

Working...
                    X