3. Italy

4. Great Britain

5. Japan

6. Canada

7. China

8. Germany

9. Ghana

10. Nigeria
    Last edited by gh; 07-21-2022, 06:03 PM.

I'm betting on stick problems because the track is so fast.

Comment

Bold bet for gold, but great to have a Jamaican team this competitive again.

Comment

US has speed to break the WR. Will they get the stick around?

Apparently the 3-4 day relay camp last week went great. We shall see.

Coleman➡️Kerley➡️Bracy/Brommell/Knighton➡️Lyles 👌🏾

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
          US has speed to break the WR. Will they get the stick around?

Apparently the 3-4 day relay camp last week went great. We shall see.

Coleman➡️Kerley➡️Bracy/Brommell/Knighton➡️Lyles 👌🏾
          I could see this too. I think It will be Brommell , However i think Knighton would be just as good.

Comment

is Lyles on the team? I saw a post where he said the USA doesn't lose when he's included on the relay teams. But it would be harsh to exclude somone like Bracy or Brommel imo after there exploits at Trials and depending on their 100m placings.
            Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

It doesn't matter who's on the team. It only matters if they can pass the baton smoothly.

Comment

So now Coleman to me is a question. Bracy to Kerley, to Brommell, to Lyles. You have Coleman, Knighton, , and The other Lyles(?) Bednarek as well

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
                  So now Coleman to me is a question. Bracy to Kerley, to Brommell, to Lyles. You have Coleman, Knighton, , and The other Lyles(?) Bednarek as well
                  Plus you have Holloway and Norman just in case we get a bunch of injuries or a bunch of Covid. Hope not.

Comment

I'm more concerned about Noah Lyles pushing for Josephus Lyles to be on the team. We have plenty of speed without him, and I don't know why he was named to the pool, and I worry there will be a "both of us or none of us" deal. It's been a while since we've had personality issues on the team - usually, it's just stickwork.

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                      I'm more concerned about Noah Lyles pushing for Josephus Lyles to be on the team. We have plenty of speed without him, and I don't know why he was named to the pool, and I worry there will be a "both of us or none of us" deal. It's been a while since we've had personality issues on the team - usually, it's just stickwork.
                      Yeah i wondered how this guy got on the team. He is talented but still he better not be on the final 4. It should be Bracy, Kerley, Brommell, N Lyles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post

It should be Bracy, Kerley, Brommell, N Lyles.
                        Correct.

Comment

will J lyles and / or C Coleman be anywhere near the starting line of the 4x1 heat?

Comment

Help me understand this question.

What is not Olympic standard about this track?

Originally posted by DJG

Indubitably a major concern, Atticus. I may very well be mistaken, but it seems to me that this track
                            adheres to NCAA. configurations and not World Athletics. This track design would not meet Olympic standards,
                            would it?

Comment

Originally posted by DJG
                              Slow afternoon here, so I am wondering is leg Number 2 the best place for 100M champion Flying Fred Kerley?

1) Does Kerley want to anchor? If so, I would put him there.
                              2). The 2nd exchange is a little more tricky with the incoming runner needing to stay in the outer half of the lane and
                              into the turn. Something Gatlin had trouble doing. A big wide-body Kerley can present problems especially,if the third leg is also a wide body. These lanes are wide but…
                              After the mishap last time out….
                              3). On this track the best lane for the US may well be lane 3 or 4. (the exchange would occur prior to the curve)
                              4) these turns are tighter than the usual professional tracks.
                              5) The US should win Gold easily, but the US men don’t do easily well.
                              The closer we get to the race the more I think the makeup of the team will be Bracy, Kerley, Bromell and Lyles. That leaves no natural curve runner for the 3rd leg but shouldn't really matter in terms of winning the race (not taking into consideration the exchanges) but could hurt a bit in a time sense if they do get the stick around.

I also know that your head will explode with this thought but I bet that J. Lyles and Coleman run in the heats. Kerley may need a break if there's any thought of him running the 4x400m with Ross out.

Comment

Working...
                              X