3. Maocuo Li (China)

4. Glenda Morejón (Ecuador)

5. Serena Sonoda (Japan)

6. Laura García-Caro (Spain)

7. Antigóni Drisbióti (Greece)

8. Paola Pérez (Ecuador)

9. Katarzyna Zdziebło (Poland)

10. Viviane Lyra (Brazil)
    Last edited by gh; 07-22-2022, 05:00 PM.

I'm curious why Henriques, who breezed to gold in the Tokyo OG 50k, is not listed in the Top Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
      I'm curious why Henriques, who breezed to gold in the Tokyo OG 50k, is not listed in the Top Ten.
      you mean London back in '17? There was no TTokyo 50

she's now 42 and hasn't shown a lot this year

Comment

Yes, i meant London, senior moment!

Comment

35 is closer to a speed event for the RW and she's been injured a lot lately.
          For the USA, expect all 3 to be middle to middle back of the field. Melville has the best chance to be Top 20ish if she recovers from the 20. US qualification system and lack of communication means Stevens isn't racing and had a legit chance for a top 8 finish.

Comment

Absolutely FUCKED that America's best Walker this year---or maybe this century!!---was manipulated & tricked & lied off the team!
            Robyn was an almost guaranteed TOP SIX finisher here!!
            The ones on the team (who did the manipulating & lying, etc) will need the Gods of ALL the world's religions to finish in the top FIFTY!!!!
            Shame on them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
              The ones on the team (who did the manipulating & lying, etc) will need the Gods of ALL the world's religions to finish in the top FIFTY!!!!
              With 43 entrants in this event, I'm guessing they just might manage it without supernatural assistance.
              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                Absolutely FUCKED that America's best Walker this year---or maybe this century!!---was manipulated & tricked & lied off the team!
                Robyn was an almost guaranteed TOP SIX finisher here!!
                There's no guarantees, especially in Race Walking!

Top 6 really would have been a stretch for her I think. There's too many good walkers in that event. If she'd finished Top 10 that would have been a very good result for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post

With 43 entrants in this event, I'm guessing they just might manage it without supernatural assistance.
                  Well then, look for the 3 US women to be among the LAST 10....while Robyn would've been very likely in the FIRST 10!!
                  An embarrassing mistake by everyone who maneuvered her off the 35 team!

Comment

this thread is about the WC competition

Comment

Morejón has withdrawn.

Comment

Same three women who medaled at 20km are leading through 10km.

Comment

Very disappointing that we're not getting the 1km splits. WA is taking them, and did during the marathon, but are just too damn cheap to share them w/ us for the RW.

Comment

The km splits were also available on the website for the 20k, no idea why they are not there today. They are showing them on tv

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                              Same three women who medaled at 20km are leading through 10km.
                              That demonstrates one problem I had with replacing the 50k. 35 just isn't different enough from the 20 to be a separate event.

Comment

Working...
                              X