3. Shericka Jackson (Jamaica)

4. Mujinga Kambundji (Switzerland)

5. Aleia Hobbs (USA)

6. Marie-Josée Ta Lou (Côte d’Ivoire)

7. Dina Asher-Smith (Great Britain)

8. Julien Alfred (St. Lucia)

9. Melissa Jefferson (USA)

10. Daryll Neita (Great Britain)
    Last edited by dj; 07-17-2022, 01:59 AM.

Could be the first time ever that three women run faster than 10.7 in one race. It's the Jamaicans and then everyone else. often like the semis just as much as the finals in the sprints and these should deliver. Battle to make the finals and spots 4 to 8 should be competitive.

Comment

SAFP, Jackson, Kambunjdi.

ETH 5th.

Comment

From what I heard, ETH is in ominous form. We shall see. I believe Kambunjdi will be tough. It should be a great grace.

Comment

Wonder what form Dina Asher-Smith will show up in? Two, three years ago, she looked headed to be the next 10.7 runner and then that hamstring injury before Tokyo last year pretty much wrecked her. I don't think MK is going to medal, I do think you will need at least 10.7 to medal and I don't think she's going there. Also gotta watch out MJ Ta Lou, who always seems to peak extremely well for majors.

Comment

Well MK ran 10.89(-.09). She is not far off from 10.7+. With tapering and the atmosphere in Eugene, I don't think 10.7+ is out of the question. I don't think she will get a medal.

Comment

True, but there's also other factors such as a difference when you're the favorite and running away from everyone (Swiss Nationals) or in.pressure-packed 100m final where you know someone like SAFP is going to put distance on you right away.

Comment

Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
                From what I heard, ETH is in ominous form. We shall see. I believe Kambunjdi will be tough. It should be a great grace.
                And what I just heard is that ETH is fit and we’re on WR watch for both sprints. 👀👀

So you are right…..we shall see.
                Last edited by _Jay; 07-16-2022, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Weather won't be a factor based on the forecast. MK ran 6.96 in Belgrade and performs well at championships so top 5 could be likely.

DAS was pretty pissed to be taken by Neita in the British Champs, would be great to see both in the final.

Comment

This could be a race for the ages. I have ETH-SAFP-SJ, but wouldn't be surprised with any configuration of that top three.

Comment

Having just seen a bunch of sub-10.00s in the men's heats (including Fred's 9.79 and Trayvon's 9.89), it is quite possible that anything slower than 10.90 in the semis will not make the women's final.

Comment

Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
                        Who exactly are you all hearing things from?

Comment

My info was from Jamaican podcasters who had contacts inside the ETH camp.

But we’re less than 24 hrs away, so the need to speculate is just about over.

Comment

Any podcast links?

Comment

Heat 1
                              jackson 11.02

Comment

Working...
                              X