Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA regionals schedule?

Does anyone know where I can find a schedule from any or all of last year's NCAA outdoor regional meets? I'd just like to see a sample sked to get some idea of what it will be like in Austin this year.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Never mind. After using better google terms, I found some samples, including this one: http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sport ... ional.html

Looks like I'll be able to catch quite a bit of the prelim action after work on the Friday session, if Austin's schedule is similar.

Comment

Re: NCAA regionals schedule?

Originally posted by trackstar
      Does anyone know where I can find a schedule from any or all of last year's NCAA outdoor regional meets? I'd just like to see a sample sked to get some idea of what it will be like in Austin this year.
      From track and field photo magazine, here this year's schedule, along with 2004 and 2003 seasons. This could be an alternate to your finding.

http://www.trackwire.com/

Comment

That link doesn't take me where you think it's going to. It just goes to Trackwire.com's front page. I looked around and couldn't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
          That link doesn't take me where you think it's going to. It just goes to Trackwire.com's front page. I looked around and couldn't find it.
          My fault. Here are some steps. Once you are on the website, first click on "Track & Field Photo Magazine," from the "Other links" section. Then, scroll down towards the bottom of the page where the "Photography Galleries" is located. Finally, click on the "All Photography Galleries," which is located at the bottom the section. That should give you a schedule from 2003 to current season. If not, I have just wasted your time.

Comment

Here is a sample from two years ago at the West Region meet (and all were the same)

http://www.gomatadors.com/trackfield_de ... s_id=01406

Comment

Thanks to all!

Comment

I believe that in the past the NCAA would release a generic schedule for all of the regionals that would look something like this:

0:00 M Hammer Throw
                0:15 W Shot Put
                0:30 M PV

etc.

It was then up to the host institutions to decide what they want their zero hour to be.

Comment

As I understand it, there's a common template because they want everybody to face the same time gapping when it comes to doubling, which makes some sense.

I also think that things like the hammer, which can generate facilities issues, can be moved around fairly free-form.

Comment

Working...
                  X