Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Texas Relays headliners announced

From the Austin daily paper: http://www.statesman.com/sports/content ... elays.html
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Trey Hardee will be back in action in the decathlon.

Comment

Yeah, I wish I had enough vacation days to watch him and Kilmartin on Wednesday and Thursday. As it is, I'll be taking Friday off to make sure I see the Hooker sisters jump.

The weather here is perfect, barely above 80. I hope it holds, but I'll bet it creeps closer to 90 by the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
        Yeah, I wish I had enough vacation days to watch him and Kilmartin on Wednesday and Thursday. As it is, I'll be taking Friday off to make sure I see the Hooker sisters jump.

The weather here is perfect, barely above 80. I hope it holds, but I'll bet it creeps closer to 90 by the weekend.
        I feel for you man. I have to take 3 personal vacation days at work just to attend the upcoming NCAA Championships. Hope you enjoy the meet as I'll be at my desk all day

Comment

Perfect is a relative term, of course. No matter what the temperature, if it comes with more than about 10% humidity :-) I hates it.

Comment

Garry, all those meets in Northern California, Eugene, and Europe have spoiled you. Anything under 90 is considered balmy here.

Some friends of my wife visited from Chicago early last summer, and the wife of the couple complained that she could never live in Austin because of "this heat." It was probably right around 90. I said, "Baby, it ain't hot yet -- we still have another 15 degrees to go." And come August, I was right.

Needless to say, swimming comprises a lot of our recreation down here.

Comment

Cool: every forecast I'm seeing is predicting that I'll be fairly miserable on Friday with highs near 90, but then I guess a cool front or something is supposed to drop us to 79 or 80 on Saturday. That will actually be bearable.

Comment

I'd rather be a bakin' than feel that ground a shakin'!
                Wouldn't trade this glorious heatidity for your left coast litany of woes for any reason :lol:

Comment

hey glen....do you know if pam dukes brown shows up at texas relays????

Comment

It has been a while since I saw her, but she may well be there this year with the added festivities. I'll ask around.

Comment

I was puzzled by the article advising fans to sit in the south end of west stands for optimum PV and HJ viewing. The PV is at north end of west stands. HJ is usually on the south apron

Comment

thanks..if you see her - i really need to get in touch with her..would you give her my e-mail or get hers?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                          I was puzzled by the article advising fans to sit in the south end of west stands for optimum PV and HJ viewing. The PV is at north end of west stands. HJ is usually on the south apron
                          I can't tell you north from south, but at the '04 NCAA, the HJ and PV were at the same end. (PV might switch with a reversal in prevailing winds?)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                            Perfect is a relative term, of course. No matter what the temperature, if it comes with more than about 10% humidity :-) I hates it.
                            I think that you are wrong in stating what you hate. You hate high dew points, probably dew points in excess of 50F or a lttle more. If the temperature is 30 I suspect that you dislike it no more if the dew point is 27 (90% humidity) than if the dew point is -10 (10% humidity).

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                              No, the HJ is always at the north end (at least, every meet I've ever attended). The PV is held on either end, depending on the winds. But yes, you should still be puzzled, unless perhaps they plan to move both to the south this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X