Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we say?

Since the last post went even quicker than my previous - and I fully expect this to go the same way - please immoderators, tell me what you want? Yes, I know the forum rules, and none were broken.

If you want to bin this immediately, please have the courtesy to tell me why - send a PM if necessary.

Thank you - in the vague hope that a polite request will work.

Bumping - to those who had the necessary 3.06s to read the possts referred to, what do you think? Am I on my own here?

No PM received from the mods.

Comment

Yup, I'm on my own... Ridiculous (mods, not you guys). Over and out.

I am disappointed and sad, and I want the Doping forum open for as long as Accelerator posts.

Oooooohhh, can I say that? Or is that badness and naughtiness too?

Comment

I must admit, I'm a bit surprised a thread of mine, which pointed out that defendants in federal cases are entitled to transcripts of all grand jury testimony by prosecution witnesses( a FACT), was pulled down while accelerator is allowed to speculate that the government was the one who leaked BALCO documents(now on dope board).

Seems to me BOTH should have been moved over there.

:?
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Oooh, getting my adrenaline pumping! We're talking about getting bumped - both posts and threads? I know a little about that.

Let's see:
          1. "Hotness" talk. Never done it here.

2. Cussing here. Uh-uh. Not once.

3. Derogatory comments to other posters. Nope, except to defend those who are unfairly and immaturely attacked on the boards.

4. Getting political. Not a one.

5. Preaching my own faith or putting down the faith of others. Ain't happened here.

But I've gotten 1, 843 posts cut! :x Well . . . however:

6. Irrelevant posts. Just one or two. :roll:

7. Immaturity and too much private dialogue with individuals. Mmmm, okay, maybe two or three times . . .

No animosity here. People like me have to be watched. :wink: There is, however, some inconsistency and confusion.

Comment

I've broken every rule there is but after 3,000 posts i finally got it right and am now a model poster! :roll:
            phsstt!

Comment

Re: What can we say?

Originally posted by Vern
              Since the last post went even quicker than my previous - and I fully expect this to go the same way - please immoderators, tell me what you want? Yes, I know the forum rules, and none were broken.

If you want to bin this immediately, please have the courtesy to tell me why - send a PM if necessary.

Thank you - in the vague hope that a polite request will work.
              Sorry if the rules aren't clear enough as explained in the "doping forum now locked" at the top of the page. Let me try to be even more explicit.

For obvious reasons, politics and religion are verboten topics on this Board. Have been from Day 1.

Discussion of non-germane (i.e., not specifically related to track) doping issues, we have clarified, are also in that category. Tred on that ground at your own risk, but expect to get cut off more often than not.

THIS IS A TRACK & FIELD BOARD.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                Discussion of non-germane (i.e., not specifically related to track) doping issues, we have clarified, are also in that category. Tred on that ground at your own risk, but expect to get cut off more often than not.

Fair enough, but BE CONSISTENT. My post was at least as germane as accelerators, yet his lives on, now moved to the dope forum. Seems his grand jury speculation thread should be gone too.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                  Fair enough, but BE CONSISTENT. My post was at least as germane as accelerators, yet his lives on, now moved to the dope forum. Seems his grand jury speculation thread should be gone too.
                  If I've learned one thing as an editor, it's that what's germane to one writer isn't necessarily germane to everyone else. Everyone thinks their own prose is priceless. We (multiple "we's" working separately) make judgments and you have live or die with them; such is the battlefield triage nature of this service.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    Well, there's part of the problem right there. Make it just a "Track" board and we'll eliminate a lot of this nonsense and extraneous posting around here. :P

And using words like "verboten" is offensive to ingnoramuses like me. :x

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      such is the battlefield triage nature of this service.
                      so much for the Dinner Party analogy!!

I will henceforth think of myself as a Pre-emptive Striker. I will lob grenades of bon mots (I wish) into the trenches and see what bodies come flying out. I will affix my bayonet of verbal vituperation and march into the War of Words that IS the Track & Field News Message Boards!

Nah . . . too violent.

Signed,

Caspar Milquetoast

Comment

TOE clarification: bons mots, not bon mots.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          If I've learned one thing as an editor, it's that what's germane to one writer isn't necessarily germane to everyone else. Everyone thinks their own prose is priceless.

Hmm, ok. Mine was 100% facts, his is speculation.

I don't think my prose is "priceless", but it does seem to me facts would be more germane than speculation. But you're the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Or "THIS IS A TRACK & FIELD BORED"?
                            This site is WAY to pc.......... :roll:
                            But I will continue to visit for the great info.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnut
                              I will henceforth think of myself as a Pre-emptive Striker.
                              What's your beef with Pre??

Comment

Working...
                              X