Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a WR for Geb?

I see TFN has a poll on the front page now about whether or not Geb will be sucessfull in his record attempt in Brusells on Friday. I quickly registerd a no-vote.

How about the rest of you?

Re: a WR for Geb?

Gee, I'm sorry. I guess you're all too busy babbling about drugs to discuss real track.

Comment

"Gee, I'm sorry. I guess you're all too busy babbling about drugs to discuss real track."

Take it easy man, it sometimes takes longer than 48 minutes for a thread to take off.

By the way, I would also vote no.

Comment

no

Comment

>Gee, I'm sorry. I guess you're all too busy
          >babbling about drugs to discuss real track.

Personally, I was just out doing 10 miles. And no would be my vote.

Comment

I think Geb has been a pretty humble fellow over the years especially considering what he has accomplished. Any time in the past he's announced a world record attempt he's gotten it or come pretty close. I'm not saying he's going to get it but if he thinks he's in better than 26:22.75 shape we're probably going to see a hell of a run. I went ahead a voted yes just to keep it interesting.

Comment

>I went ahead a voted yes just to keep
              >it interesting.>>

You know that's the kind of attitude that got us Shrub in the first place.

Comment

I voted no, but you gotta give Geb credit. Remember, the record already belongs to him. He could retire right now as the greatest distance runner of all time, but no, he loves running so much he wants to give it another shot.

I had dinner Saturday night with 3 people from Geb's management group. They feel he has a good shot at it and that he wouldn't be attempting the record if he didn't feel he were ready.

One big question is whether someone can take him through 5K in 13:10. Wish I were in Brussels to see it!

Comment

I think no, as 26:22 is a real solid world record. Two back to back 13:11 5Ks - think back to the second half of the 10K race in Paris, and see the effect a 12:57 5K had on Kenenisa Bekele in the 5K final a few days later.

Comment

I don't think so. Despite proving he still has the speed (13:52+12:58 in the 10K final), Geb's lost more races in the last 2 years than he has lost in the 8 beforehand. 26:22 is a long way from 26:50 these days. I hope Kenenisa Bekele is in the race. HE could probably break that world record, if Geb falls off the pace.

Comment

Bekele isn't running.

Comment

">I went ahead a voted yes just to keep
                        >it interesting.>>

You know that's the kind of attitude that got us Shrub in the first place."

Thanks for your political views, we appreciate it. Try to stay on the subject if possible. Thanks.

Comment

IF THE WEATHER IS RIGHT FOR FAST RUNNING,THE
                          RECORD IS AS GOOD AS GONE.

Comment

"He [Geb] could retire right now as the greatest distance runner of all time..."

I vigorously dispute this, given his failure to pull off a 5/10 double at an Olympics or WC.

If one wants to call Geb the greatest 10,000 runner of all-time, I have no problem with that, but I draw the line at overall distance running.

Comment

Over The Hill wrote:

>I see TFN has a poll on the front page now about
                              >whether or not Geb will be sucessfull in his
                              >record attempt in Brusells on Friday. I quickly
                              >registerd a no-vote.

How about the rest of
                              >you?

3 guesses who Over The Hill is and the last 2 don't count.

Comment

Working...
                              X