Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No heat sheets at Texas Relays ... grrr!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No heat sheets at Texas Relays ... grrr!

I asked the Texas Relays organizers if they would print and sell heat sheets to fans this year (which, to my knowledge, they've never done), and they said no, but heat sheets would be published each morning on the website. Well, the meet starts in 15 minutes and there are still no heat sheets. I intend to watch everything on Friday, and I have to leave my house about an hour before the meet to if I want to see the first events – if this is the way things are going to go for the rest of the week, what the hell good is putting the sheets on the website going to do me?
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Guess you'll just have to be content with lying back and enjoying the perfect weather :-)

Comment

Okay, my timing was actually off: I wrote that first post an HOUR and 15 minutes before the meet starts. But now it's less than 30 minutes away and still no sheets. Jeez.

Comment

Re: No heat sheets at Texas Relays ... grrr!

Originally posted by trackstar
        what the hell good is putting the sheets on the website going to do me?
        What, not every fan has a laptop with a built in wireless card? Come on, it's 2006! :wink:

I'm with you on this one. If they don't have heat sheets printed out in a program for the fans to view at the meet, then how are they supposed to follow the meet or even know who they are watching?

I suppose you'll just have to look at the scoreboard if they post the names and lanes of each athlete before the event.

Comment

I've been involved with many (well, at least half a dozen) meets at varying levels through the years who wanted to get involved in distributing heat sheets to the masses. It invariably proved to be a logisitical nightmare that just wasn't worth the time/effort. I can't imagine attempting it at a meet the magnitude of the Texas Relays. (At this point I expect somebody to chime in and say that Penn or Drake manages, of course.)

Comment

Re: No heat sheets at Texas Relays ... grrr!

Originally posted by Trackshark
            Originally posted by trackstar
            I suppose you'll just have to look at the scoreboard if they post the names and lanes of each athlete before the event.
            They do -- in the races. But field eventers names are just shown once before the event and then the board is cleared. Every serious field event fan knows you need sheets to follow the jumps and throws. At least I do.

Okay, the meet has STARTED and there still are no sheets posted.

Comment

I'll see what I can do... printing heat sheets for mass distribution at this meet would be a nightmare, but I'll see what I can do to get them to post the heat sheets.

Comment

Bravo! We have heat sheets posted early this morning. Good job, Texas Relays!

But for some reason, they're located on the Texas Relays front page (http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s= ... _well_id=1), not on the results page where it says "heat sheets."

Comment

I'm sure all you non-USAnians have figured out that "heat sheets" are what the rest of the world calls start lists. One more example of the US being out of synch with just about everyone else. Start lists, of course, is a much better term because it does not imply the exclusion of field events. But that doesn't bother people here--they refer to the start lists in field events as "heat sheets," even though there are no heats in field events. For that matter, they refer to the start lists for finals as "heat sheets," which is completely mis-descriptive.

Comment

Diametrically wrong! Just about everyone else is out of synch with the U.S.! Who cares what teh non-USANians think? This is primarily a USAnian board. Perhaps we should start writing in Chinese, since that's what athe majority do.

Comment

Why do you park in a driveway but drive in a parkway?

Comment

If it's a Freeway, why are there gas taxes?

Comment

Working...
                        X