Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just heard on the WA feed that Knighton's 19.49 would NOT be ratified. I had not seen that notification previously.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      Jaicieanna Gero-Holt scored just 5212---as against her Frosh Class Record from June of 5401.
      She had just 1 PR---in the HJ, but gained only 13 points there!
      Yet after Day One, she was only 4 points behind her 5401 pace----3367 to June's 3371.
      But she really crashed on Day Two, scoring just 1845 points, coming nowhere near any of her PR's!!
      Yet her 5212 WOULD have broken her previous Frosh Class Record of 5108, which she did just days before her 5401!!
      So it wasn't awful, but not good either, in comparison!!
      "The horror..."

Oh well, I guess JaiCieonna is not your personal wind-up toy.

Comment

• Originally posted by cladthin View Post
        Just heard on the WA feed that Knighton's 19.49 would NOT be ratified. I had not seen that notification previously.
        I think the WA Statistics book for the U20 Championships (Butler) was where I first noted this. Perhaps lack of a drug test?

Comment

Just heard on the WA feed that Knighton's 19.49 would NOT be ratified. I had not seen that notification previously.
          And I doubt Knighton cares in the least.

Comment

• Did not watch it, but I assume there was no showboating in the m200 Final:

1 ISR Blessing Akawasi AFRIFAH 19.96 CR
            2 BOT Letsile TEBOGO 19.96 CR
            3 AUS Calab LAW 20.48

Comment

• Yeah. No finger wagging today. Comparisons to Bolt a bit premature I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

I think the WA Statistics book for the U20 Championships (Butler) was where I first noted this. Perhaps lack of a drug test?
                Why is on the WA list?

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

"The horror..."

Unlike the rest of the women who finished ahead of her, Jaicieanna Gero-Holt has three more seasons of junior competition. 99% of high school track coaches might trade half their team for a "crashing" freshman who jumps 17'7, throws the jave 117' and can run 2:39 after doing six other events. What a great experience for a future elite heptathlete. I can see her eventually become a Nafi Thiam type who can also compete at the highest levels in the high jump as well as the multi's.

Comment

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

Why is on the WA list?
                    List and record have very different requirements

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

And I doubt Knighton cares in the least.
                      Maybe, maybe not. I don't know if it had been announced previously. Certainly EK has many years to better that mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

No testing or lack of pressure sensitive blocks, perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                          Yeah. No finger wagging today. Comparisons to Bolt a bit premature I think.
                          That was a short 15 minutes.....

I hope he does well at U of O; Micah Williams will be a great training partner. Probably going to be a while before we see a finger wave from him again : )

Comment

And he'll run even faster next year 😉

Comment

• Originally posted by beebee View Post

And he'll run even faster next year 😉
                              Prediction, he'll also run under 9.91 at age 19 and hold both U20 sprint records before "moving up"
                              ​​​​​
                              I'm still trying to figure out if Bolt's tweet after the U20 100 9.91 was a troll?
                              Last edited by DET59; 08-05-2022, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

"The horror..."

Never said she was!!
                                Nor is any other athlete!
                                But when you shatter the Frosh Class Record by 293 points AFTER you already shattered the OLD Frosh Class Record by well over 200 points, it's not that weird to think she can at least score that 5400 again just 5 or 6 weeks later!
                                It's likely that trying to do a third all-out Hept in less than 10 weeks finally caught up to her!
                                I wasn't complaining---just hoping she'd do better!!

Comment

Working...
                                X