Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At first I thought the gesture was aimed at 2nd place finisher Nkrumie, which would have been very disrespectful, but on further review I think he was playing to the crowd.

Not disrespecful but very corny to me. And no, I wasn't even remotely a fan of Bolt's finish in the 2008 Olympic final either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paced View Post
      on further review I think he was playing to the crowd.
      I agree, but still see it as immature (surprise!). If he breaks Bolt's WR, I'll allow it. Until then, act like you've been here before.

Comment

At first I thought the gesture was aimed at 2nd place finisher Nkrumie, which would have been very disrespectful, but on further review I think he was playing to the crowd.

Not disrespecful but very corny to me. And no, I wasn't even remotely a fan of Bolt's finish in the 2008 Olympic final either.
        Sorry, I'm not buying the whole playing to the crowd excuse. Personally, not a fan of the antics and looked pretty specific to me. Having said that, 9.91 in U20's is huge and would love to see him go much faster. Just don't get throwing away opportunities for great times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
          Here's what Tebogo himself said about his behavior (quoted on WA site):
          At 19 he has already mastered the "non-apology, apology" by apologizes not for what he did, but for what other people thought about it. Usually this is what Politicians over age 50 do. His 15 minutes ended with the 200...

Comment

• Originally posted by DET59 View Post

At 19 he has already mastered the "non-apology, apology" by apologizes not for what he did, but for what other people thought about it. Usually this is what Politicians over age 50 do. His 15 minutes ended with the 200...
            I dislike everything about this kid.

Comment

At first I thought the gesture was aimed at 2nd place finisher Nkrumie, which would have been very disrespectful, but on further review I think he was playing to the crowd.

What reply did you watch?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack View Post
                From the revised results pdf (revised to add split times):
                SB 1 UNITED STATES USA 5 0.203 3:28.06
                973 Mekenze KELLEY 52.23 (2)
                969 Shawnti JACKSON 51.36 (1) 1:43.59 (1)
                960 Akala GARRETT 53.13 (3) 2:36.72 (1)
                995 Roisin WILLIS 51.34 (1)
                So Roisin Willis, the 800m runner, had the fastest 400m split of the team?!

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintdoc View Post

So got word from 3 people in Colombia that reason given was “inexperience” of the double finalist Mia Brahe-Pederson. But checking on-line results sites it appears that Miss Brahe-Peterson had run 21 4x1’s in the last year but the 4 finalists had totals of 8, 7, 2, 0. Heard real reason was good ole American USATF cronyism and that the relay decision maker was Mechelle Lewis Freeman who has close relationships with all 4 that she chose. One of my sources was on the staff and unaware of the decision and was stunned to hear the roster. Never before has a healthy finalist in 100 not run in the final for the US. One source said it was because Miss Brahe-Peterson is white. Now that would be a story.
                  Was surprised MBP wasn't on the relay.
                  What a crappy thing to do to a 16 yr old who was obviously more than qualified to run the relay, and could have helped the team.

And yes, that would be a story . . . one that would certainly be covered up if it were true. Which means we'll never know.
                  Last edited by Jacksf; 08-09-2022, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• We may get some sense of the "realness" of the sprint marks here, as Blessing Afrifah (the 19.96 200m man) also goes in the Euro Champs this week...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
                      She certainly does seem to be the next Mary Decker (or Athing Mu) in talent.

Comment

Was surprised MBP wasn't on the relay.
                        What a crappy thing to do to a 16 yr old who was obviously more than qualified to run the relay, and could have helped the team.
                        Helped the team do what? She deserved to be on the relay, but her presence wouldn't have made the difference between silver and gold.

Comment

And the 100m runner had the second fastest split. Like our senior team, the best 400m runners don't race the 400m.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Helped the team do what? She deserved to be on the relay, but her presence wouldn't have made the difference between silver and gold.
                            The hell she wouldn’t have helped. She is a 10.2 at worst on 2nd where Wilson ran a 11.1. That’s easily enough for the damn win. I did confirm with a friend of her coach that she not only wanted to run but was devastated when she was told minutes before the race she was off. Watch the video of her at Nike Outdoor Nationals on the 4x1, she was 10.1 on the anchor while having to wait on a slow incoming runner to get to her.

Comment

• I just finished watching the Day 6 coverage on CNBC, and they had a replay of men's 100m.

Martin Gillingham said, "I've never seen anyone breaking the WR in 100m showboating like that. Not even Bolt." And I was like "Really? You didn't see the Beijing Olympics?" And Jenny Meadows said nothing to "correct" him, either out of courtesy or she didn't remember that either.

Comment

• Have you watched the video of Bolt in Beijing yourself?
                                It's completely different than Tebogo.
                                Bolt is celebrating and playing to, and looking at, the crowd.

Tebogo on the other hand, turns around to look at and point a finger at his opponent(s) - taunting and mocking them.
                                Hugely disrespectful!

Comment

Working...
                                X