• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sprintdoc View Post

She is a 10.2 at worst on 2nd
    OK, boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

OK, boss.
      Rolling start for an 11.09 sprinter. Easy.

Comment

OK, boss.
        Go and watch MBP’s 10.01 from Oregon Relays vs Long Beach Wilson in April this year when she got the stick moving at a high rate of speed. MBP’s was not anywhere close to top form in April so that made her potential for a sub 10 at the Worlds almost likely, not just possible.

https://oregonrelays.runnerspace.com...ideo_id=327645

Comment

• Have we gotten to the point where initials for HSers (I think) is the norm? I haven't a clue who MBP is and, thus, I suspect many others do not as well.

Comment

• I wouldn't have had any idea until a few days ago. But given the discussion was on the women's 4x1 at the World U-20, it was not that hard to figure it out.

Comment

• I knew who he was referring to based upon the context-female USA sprinter at U20 championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by einnod23 View Post
                Alright, it's time to start penalizing folk for taunting, especially pre-finish! From fining runners or coaches, to DQ....!
                Just caught up on this as I was otherwise occupied.

That was a poor display by Tebogo. I had an instantly negative reaction to his behavior. There's celebrating, and then there's taunting. His was a douche move.
                You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Guess I'll have to turn in my Grumpy Old Curmudgeon card. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with what Tebogo did.

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintdoc View Post

Rolling start for an 11.09 sprinter. Easy.
                    11.09w... legal best is 11.25

Comment

• Well there can be some debate as to whether the USA would/could have won if Mia Brahe-Pedersen ran.
                      But they most certainly would have run a faster time with her on the team.

And I think there is no debate that she should have been on the relay team.
                      In fact, it's kind of outrageous that she wasn't on the relay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
                        Well there can be some debate as to whether the USA would/could have won if Mia Brahe-Pedersen ran.
                        But they most certainly would have run a faster time with her on the team.

And I think there is no debate that she should have been on the relay team.
                        In fact, it's kind of outrageous that she wasn't on the relay.
                        You have absolutely no way to prove that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          She certainly does seem to be the next Mary Decker (or Athing Mu) in talent.
                          She went to the same HS as Suzy Favor and Chris Solinsky (SPASH - Stevens Point Senior High).
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

You have absolutely no way to prove that.
                            Jack does. A, look at the video link of that relay which is but 1 example of her running under 10.2. Then split the final at each of the lines that are clearly visible. With a fast incoming Jamison (11.33) Wilson starts slow but gets stick and then struggles to finish the exchange to Gray. Wilson runs a 11.13 then Gray runs 10.82 in the curve then Jackson anchors in 10.00. You can parse .01 or .02 per split but that’s damn close. Take off Wilson and insert MPB and you save a full second potentially but conservatively as Jack indicates at least significantly faster than the 4 that were trotted out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

What reply did you watch?!
                              Just the ones from the broadcast, likely the same ones you saw. It was hard to tell whether it was at his opponent or the crowd, but his comments about trying to replicate Usain Bolt sways me towards the latter.

Originally posted by schigh View Post

Sorry, I'm not buying the whole playing to the crowd excuse. Personally, not a fan of the antics and looked pretty specific to me. Having said that, 9.91 in U20's is huge and would love to see him go much faster. Just don't get throwing away opportunities for great times.
                              I don't disagree - I think it was corny and silly. Who knows when conditions will be as conducive to good sprint times as they were in Cali. However I'm not convinced it was directed at Nkrumie.

Comment

Guess I'll have to turn in my Grumpy Old Curmudgeon card. I saw absolutely nothing wrong with what Tebogo did.
                                Just the opposite. GOCs have their drawers in a bunch (and mine are riding up!); hipsters are the ones who think there was nothing wrong with that display of 'honest emotion'.
                                You, sir, are NOT a hipster, so start acting your (advanced) age!

Comment

Working...
                                X