Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commonwealth Games 2022 [track only]

Both the men's and women's marathon starting shortly.
    Last edited by gh; 07-31-2022, 07:50 PM.
    My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Is there a list of all the athletes participating in t&f events? On the website I have to open a list for each country...

Comment

After 200 mouse clicks and Google searches I was eventually able to find the schedule of T&F events.

https://results.birmingham2022.com/#...ATH/2022-08-02

Click the "Entries" link on the "Athletics and Para Athletics" banner to see the list of athletes.

With a cumbersome web site like that, the events won't get many viewers outside the stadium. Heck, I don't even know how to watch any of it in the USA.

Comment

[QUOTE=1

With a cumbersome web site like that, the events won't get many viewers outside the stadium. Heck, I don't even know how to watch any of it in the USA.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, alas I had actually given up.

Maybe try using a VPN and set your location to London and you may have some access via the BBC website. You can also set the VPN to Canada (Montreal seems to be the best location) and possible see some track on the CBC website. These worked during the Olympics for some events. ( I was able to see most of Warner this way in the decathlon) I also imagine there will be some "illegal" streams coming out of India at the time of the javelin throw : )

Comment

Originally posted by DET59 View Post

Thanks for the link, alas I had actually given up.

Maybe try using a VPN and set your location to London and you may have some access via the BBC website. You can also set the VPN to Canada (Montreal seems to be the best location) and possible see some track on the CBC website. These worked during the Olympics for some events. ( I was able to see most of Warner this way in the decathlon) I also imagine there will be some "illegal" streams coming out of India at the time of the javelin throw : )
          The BBC Iplayer has 11 separate feeds for the Commonwealth Games if you are able to access.

Comment

Victor Kiplangat (Uganda ) gold
            Alphonse Simbu (Tanzania ) silver
            Michael Githae (Kenya ) bronze

Comment

Originally posted by DET59 View Post
              I also imagine there will be some "illegal" streams coming out of India at the time of the javelin throw : )
              Chopra is out injured.

Comment

So the marathon Meet Records still date from 1974 (men) and 1990 (women)!!
                Was hoping to see a repeat of the World's, where both MR's were smashed!!

Comment

I see Mboma next to the Jamaicans in the w200.

Comment

Come to think of it, I thought Jackson and ETH were announced for the Silesia DL meet, but it's on the same day as the w200 final?

Comment

Originally posted by ceil View Post
                      Come to think of it, I thought Jackson and ETH were announced for the Silesia DL meet, but it's on the same day as the w200 final?
                      Apparently the Jamaican Team manager thinks SJ is turning up in Birmingham - she was selected for the Jamaican team at the Commonwealth Games and is still on the entry list for the CGs. However the latest reports suggest she is skipping the CGs and running against SMU in the Silesia Diamond League meeting. ETH has also been selected for the CGs by Jamaica but I'm unclear whether she is turning up.

Comment

Jessica Stenson (Australia ) gold
                        Margaret Mariuki (Kenya ) silver
                        Helalia Johannes (Namibia ) bronze

Comment

Jamaican athletics team manager has now been informed SJ has withdrawn from the CGs!

Comment

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/late...nwealth-games/

The JAAA and the JOA have both been advised via email that Shericka (Jackson), Stephenie-Ann McPherson and Natasha Morrison are not available for the 2022 Commonwealth Games,” James told the Jamaica Observer.

Comment

I was actually pretty surprised to read that Shericka Jackson was gonna run at the CGs...so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X