Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new world record you predict in August/September?...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new world record you predict in August/September?...

Chose just one athlete and imagine one performance.
    I see Grant Holloway 12"78 in my crystal ball.
    This hyper talent is fascinating.
    Last edited by 79; 07-31-2022, 01:12 PM.

Kipchoge in Berlin.

Comment

By someone who's not currently the WR holder, I'd say the most likely is Sherika Jackson w200, and if Peters catches a gust of wind, given his consistency, he might get close to the 98.

Other than that, with Amusan, Gidey, Mondo, Rojas, and Crouser around and in good form, the WRs are always in jeopardy.

Edit: didn't read your "choose one athlete", then it's Jackson. Might happen even next weekend at Silesia.

Comment

McLaughlin is slated to compete in the Monaco Diamond League on August 10.

Comment

I don't think Sydney will try to go for the record after Eugene. She probably will coast to a 51.Shericka probably won't push as hard given she's quite superior to the others at this moment. Amusan if at the Commonwealth game with Anderson may well pushed the ropes. To conclude, Grant, Amusan and maybe at a push maybe Dos Santos could probably run 46 flat.
          Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

What I THINK will happen and what I WISH would happen are two entirely different things!

While my chats with Robyn Stevens continues, I don't know what races she has in mind the next two months---if any!
            She recently RAN the Wharf to Wharf 6 mile in Santa Cruz in 34:22, making her 8th woman!!
            I know she WANTS to break all the American Records, but don't know her schedule!
            But if she's in any races in the next 2 months, keep a close eye on her!!
            (BTW, as if I have to clarify this, I mean she wants the WALK AR's (20, 35--her own!,, 50)!!
            LOL

The one that COULD happen is the first sub-29:00 10000 by a woman!
            Are there any track 10K's for women coming soon anywhere??
            Last edited by aaronk; 07-31-2022, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
              While my chats with Robyn Stevens continues, I don't know what races she has in mind the next two months---if any!
              I know she WANTS to break all the American Records, but don't know her schedule!
              But if she's in any races in the next 2 months, keep a close eye on her!!
              (BTW, as if I have to clarify this, I mean she wants the WALK AR's (20, 35--her own!,, 50)!!
              LOL
              The Race Walking season is usually pretty much done by June except for major championships. I don't know if there's race walking at the NACAC Championships in 3 weeks' time?

There is one more World Race Walking Tour event in France in September (and there's usually a big one in China in October but not this year.)

I think the ship has probably sailed for the 50km American Record. No-one's putting them on any more.

Comment

Why Grant, then? He hasn't dipped under 13 this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ceil View Post
                  Why Grant, then? He hasn't dipped under 13 this season.
                  Because the pressure is off and he can just focus on his steps.

Comment

I think Mondo pretty much every time he competes.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Because the pressure is off and he can just focus on his steps.
                      You've read in my mind Atticus ( mister Tafnut 20 years ago 😉)

Comment

I'll go with Mondo!

Comment

Crouser

Comment

Crouser x 2.

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred View Post
                              I think Mondo pretty much every time he competes.
                              One wonders how Mondo plans out his record-breaking attempts. With small bonuses like $100k, he needs to stretch it out or wait for a useful offer from a meet.

Comment

Working...
                              X