Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gyulai István Memorial - Continental Tour (Aug 8th)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATK View Post

I would bet, between New Balance, William Morris Endeavor (media agency), Gatorade, Tagheuer (+ other sponsors/partnerships that are not visible) McLaughlin makes more.

More than Osaka? Serena? Even Gauff? Not a chance in hell.

As for Richardson and Steiner I was talking strictly the shoe deals.

There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
      That woman regardless of her doping is by FAR the most complete female sprinter of all time.
      Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      A fact we will never have in evidence.
      To which fact are you referring: doping or most complete?

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

More than Osaka? Serena? Even Gauff? Not a chance in hell.

As for Richardson and Steiner I was talking strictly the shoe deals.
        I was talking about the Track world. Obviously she is probably not in the same conversation money wise in terms of overall sports.

Strictly shoe deals? Also a maybe. But I would actually lean towards Richardson being paid less than Steiner (who is also in the sprints) and McLaughlin. McLaughlin built a following for years through high school and in the NCAA before her contract, which made her a bigger deal by the time summer 2018 came around.

Also at this point, sure its the most visible thing, but strictly shoe contracts is only a piece of the conversation when talking about the top T&F athletes who want the flexibility to partner with other companies.

Comment

I can't wait for tomorrow---so we can start talking RESULTS instead of "what ifs"!!!
          LOL

Comment

... strictly shoe contracts is only a piece of the conversation when talking about the top T&F athletes who want the flexibility to partner with other companies.

True, but shoe contracts are the most apples to apples comparison.

As for the ancillary deals, that's going to be as different as the athletes themselves. Steiner's personality, combined with the results on the track, certainly will make her attractive to a wide variety of companies. Give her a couple years, and maybe a few major individual event medals, and she'll easily be the top female earner. Unless McLaughlin moves to the flat 400 and puts up something ridiculous. But even then her standoffish personality and scarcity of appearances will be hindrances(unless changed).

There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by spikes007 View Post
              Interesting choice for Sydney.

Nothing else to prove this year for the 400h… why not go for the open 400 like Bobby said?

I think 50.68 as crazy as it is, was not the target and they have unfinished business. I think they want to put this event so far out of reach before turning attention to the 400 flat. Wouldn’t be surprised if we see a low 50 or even a sub 50.
              I'm not at all surprised that Sydney is going to take another crack at the 400h world record.

However, I am very surprised that Sydney claims that she won't be running a 400 at all this year. I realize that she still has her honeymoon to go on, but there are some good meets in Europe in August that would give her a shot to run sub 49 and maybe even break the American record. Seems very odd to not even try, especially after Bobby Kersee claimed that Sydney was going to run a 400 after the World Championships.

Having said that, I don't think it's impossible that Sydney will jump into a 400 at the last minute unannounced. She's done that "unannounced last minute" thing 3 times before.

Comment

Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post

How much did she run after Doha in 2019? She only trains for the majors. You don't find that strange?
                Wasn't Doha the last race for many athletes in 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
                  Wasn't Doha the last race for many athletes in 2019?
                  ALL athletes. Essentially no one ran after Doha.

Comment

ALL athletes. Essentially no one ran after Doha.
                    There were basically zero major meets post-Doha. This year, there are 5 DL meets after WC, of which 3 include w400H and all 5 include w400
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

I assume you mean T&F athlete, since she wouldnt even crack the top 10 of women's tennis players.

That said I'd be surprised if she making more than Richardson(higher profile events, higher profile athlete, more than double the social media numbers). That may well change when their current respective contracts expire

Edit: I also think Steiner's contract with Puma probably compares quite favorably to McLaughlin's four year old NB deal.
                      The last time I checked (which was before the WC), Richardson's prelim heat had more YouTube views than any other USATF race, including McLauchlin's WR race. (And it wasn't even close.)

People enjoy watching a train wreck. I am not sure how valuable that kind of visibility is to her sponsors.

Comment

Merely an indication of the populace's moronic status, perhaps

Comment

I agree, I think many are both underrating the 400m WR, while also overestimating how McLaughlin's hurdle/relay performances translate to the open event.

As noted, Felix has run some of the fastest splits ever, but never replicated that in the open 400. SRR has run amazing 400s but never really ran what she "should" have run on relay splits.

Koch didnt run 47.9, 47.8 or even 47.7, she ran 47.60

Were saying McLaughlin (or anyone) should be easily at 47.5 in the open flat? She ran 47.91 on a relay split. Very similar to when many said Athing Mu's 48.32 relay split showed she could challege for 400m gold, forgetting that Miller-Uibo ran 48.36...from the blocks. For the most part, take a 400m runner, put them on the relay and they should run to form. But IMO, when your pushing the boundaries with top athletes and performances, times dont exactly translate across events as nicely as we might expect.

Lets see McLaughlin run and open 400m and break the American record first before we start handing out the World record (which is over a full second faster)
                          Speculation is quite boring. I can bear to wait till Sydney runs a 400m

Comment

Bobby has said that training for the 400 has some substantial differences to the 400h, and you can see it in the extremely good 47.9 that is not really that good compared to the 400h. So, there is not a lot of point in doing many 400hs (and I suspect that running that fast takes a toll), so the 400 is a different enough animal that it will wait until Bobby is ready, and I do not think that he cares too much what some on a message board think, especially those who seem to possibly harbor drugs as a reason for great success.

To see that great race from yet slightly different angle, if you take off the quarter second for the 'reaction' time the only women in the 4x400 Final to run as fast as Syd were the other three Americans and the last three Jamaicans and the first two Brits (especially with VO's 0.248 RT!). None of the 22 other women were as fast.

Comment

No live results for this meet I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                                No live results for this meet I guess?
                                The first 2 events are there, mHT still going.

Comment

Working...
                                X