Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gyulai István Memorial - Continental Tour (Aug 8th)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post

I would bet, between New Balance, William Morris Endeavor (media agency), Gatorade, Tagheuer (+ other sponsors/partnerships that are not visible) McLaughlin makes more.

More than Osaka? Serena? Even Gauff? Not a chance in hell.

As for Richardson and Steiner I was talking strictly the shoe deals.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post

I assume you mean T&F athlete, since she wouldnt even crack the top 10 of women's tennis players.

That said I'd be surprised if she making more than Richardson(higher profile events, higher profile athlete, more than double the social media numbers). That may well change when their current respective contracts expire

Edit: I also think Steiner's contract with Puma probably compares quite favorably to McLaughlin's four year old NB deal.
    I would bet, between New Balance, William Morris Endeavor (media agency), Gatorade, Tagheuer (+ other sponsors/partnerships that are not visible) McLaughlin makes more.

But, none of us will really ever know, so were all just speculating

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
    Some of y'all...are 'high key' underrating Marita Koch's world record.
    I agree, I think many are both underrating the 400m WR, while also overestimating how McLaughlin's hurdle/relay performances translate to the open event.

As noted, Felix has run some of the fastest splits ever, but never replicated that in the open 400. SRR has run amazing 400s but never really ran what she "should" have run on relay splits.

Koch didnt run 47.9, 47.8 or even 47.7, she ran 47.60

Were saying McLaughlin (or anyone) should be easily at 47.5 in the open flat? She ran 47.91 on a relay split. Very similar to when many said Athing Mu's 48.32 relay split showed she could challege for 400m gold, forgetting that Miller-Uibo ran 48.36...from the blocks. For the most part, take a 400m runner, put them on the relay and they should run to form. But IMO, when your pushing the boundaries with top athletes and performances, times dont exactly translate across events as nicely as we might expect.

Lets see McLaughlin run and open 400m and break the American record first before we start handing out the World record (which is over a full second faster)

Leave a comment:

• FleetingRedux
    replied
    Originally posted by guru View Post

Edit: I also think Steiner's contract with Puma probably compares quite favorably to McLaughlin's four year old NB deal.
    I have to agree with you on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by FleetingRedux View Post
    she must have complete control over her sponsors.
    When you are the Beatles, YOU get to dictate the terms.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by 79 View Post
    She is probably the best paid athlete (women) today.
    I assume you mean T&F athlete, since she wouldnt even crack the top 10 of women's tennis players.

That said I'd be surprised if she making more than Richardson(higher profile events, higher profile athlete, more than double the social media numbers). That may well change when their current respective contracts expire

Last edited by guru; 08-07-2022, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied

Some gold medalists immediately stopped their season right after the OG, last year, like Camacho-Quinn or Gardiner for example.
    No one found it "a little strange" on this forum then.
    Camacho Quinn and Gardiner competed in 8 different meets outdoors before Tokyo, including races in Europe. McLaughlin ran in 4 meets and stayed in the US so not really comparable.

I do find it strange she would travel all this way just for one meeting, and only have one meeting post Worlds when they were crazy early in the calendar.

Assuming she starts, I wonder what deal has been struck with the organisers. unacceptable innuendo removed...
    These things do happen.
    Last edited by gh; 08-07-2022, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

replied

How much did she run after Doha in 2019? She only trains for the majors. You don't find that strange?
    She is probably the best paid athlete (women) today.
    May be she doesn't go to these lucrative meetings to preserve her career.
    Also her coach's decision, I can imagine.
    Sad for her fans all over the world, but we could understand this strategy.

Leave a comment:

• FleetingRedux
    replied

Some gold medalists immediately stopped their season right after the OG, last year, like Camacho-Quinn or Gardiner for example.
    How much did she run after Doha in 2019? She only trains for the majors. You don't find that strange?

Leave a comment:

replied

Her honeymoon is still pending. That could be the reason she is ending the season after that one race. However, she is s a little strange. She did not run at all after Tokyo. she must have complete control over her sponsors.
    Last edited by 79; 08-07-2022, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FleetingRedux
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell View Post

Strange decision. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to make the trip across the Atlantic just to race once, when there are many other meets available within the next couple of weeks.
    Her honeymoon is still pending. That could be the reason she is ending the season after that one race. However, she is s a little strange. She did not run at all after Tokyo. she must have complete control over her sponsors.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
    Mclaughlin said on instagram that this will be her only post-worlds race this season.
    Strange decision. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to make the trip across the Atlantic just to race once, when there are many other meets available within the next couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Diara31 View Post
    That woman regardless of her doping is by FAR the most complete female sprinter of all time.
    A fact we will never have in evidence.

Leave a comment:

• clementina
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post

Thanks! The throws are not my wheelhouse and didnt want to leave any name out!
    So you're not a fan of track and field. Why are the other 16 events for males and females so uninteresting to you. Or do you also have problems with track events lasting more than a couple of minutes.??A fan who does not like mr Crouser.. that's serious😄

Leave a comment:

• clementina
    replied
    Originally posted by donley2 View Post

Good stuff, thanks to ATK and ZazaShoya for the highlights.
    Thks Zaza for mentioning the field events

Leave a comment:

Working...
X