Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gm View Post
    Interesting, thanks.

Based upon this rule, it would seem that there should have been 20km times for all finishers.

At the gun shot for the hour, the race is over for the athletes who have covered 20km. All the
    others carry on until they have crossed the finish line for the 50th time.

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

Interesting, thanks.

Based upon this rule, it would seem that there should have been 20km times for all finishers.
      They do!

Official split times at 20,000m en route 1 Hour: 1. SAWE S.K. (KEN) 56:20.55, 2. KANDIE K. (KEN) 57:07.41, 3. TONUI A.K. (KEN) 59:31.65

Those are the only three who actually passed the 20km mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

They do!

Official split times at 20,000m en route 1 Hour: 1. SAWE S.K. (KEN) 56:20.55, 2. KANDIE K. (KEN) 57:07.41, 3. TONUI A.K. (KEN) 59:31.65

Those are the only three who actually passed the 20km mark.
        My point was that the guide says that all others who do not pass the 20k mark within the hour are to continue on until they do. Even if the others stopped, Kipchumba, who was just 4m shy of 20km, likely would have.

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

My point was that the guide says that all others who do not pass the 20k mark within the hour are to continue on until they do. Even if the others stopped, Kipchumba, who was just 4m shy of 20km, likely would have.
          Wouldn't Kipchumba have walked 4m forward after the 1 hour mark? Or did he stop and immediately go sideways or backwards?

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Wouldn't Kipchumba have walked 4m forward after the 1 hour mark? Or did he stop and immediately go sideways or backwards?
            I presume it was a moonwalk in tribute to Michael Jackson.

Comment

• I did not know the hour run was so diligently recorded and officiated. I did a just-for-fun one-hour run 50 years ago on a 440y track. Officials were counting/recording laps for every runner and we were instructed to stop and stand when the one-hour gun sounded. They then simply measured backward with a wheel to each standee.
              There was a Boston Marathon 3rd placer, who lapped many/most of the runners, in the race so it was, apparently, a serious event. I do not remember the winning distance or mine. Not being a distance runner, I have not repeated the exercise.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf49 View Post
                I do not remember the winning distance or mine. Not being a distance runner, I have not repeated the exercise.
                Absolutely. I ran the River Run 15K . . . twice. The first was to see if I could do it. The time was a pedestrian 1:07:40, which seemed very, very fast to me. The second . . . I have no idea why.

Comment

• Worthy of note . . . in the mTJ, in 4th place, in 54-10.25, a post-op PR . . . Christian Taylor!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Worthy of note . . . in the mTJ, in 4th place, in 54-10.25, a post-op PR . . . Christian Taylor!!!!
                    aka 16.72m

I interviewed him at worlds after he didn't make it to the final and he said the ultimate goal is Paris, so 2 years and hes already making good progress. He's helped by the fact the event isn't really getting significantly "better" compared to previous years.

I also told him he's arguably the GOAT, though I know Saneyev probably is, though I personally at least have Taylor above Edwards.
                    Last edited by ATK; 09-06-2022, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                      aka 16.72m
                      I interviewed him at worlds after he didn't make it to the final and he said the ultimate goal is Paris, so 2 years and hes already making good progress. He's helped by the fact the event isn't really getting significantly "better" compared to previous years.
                      I also told him he's arguably the GOAT, though I know Saneyev probably is, though I personally at least have Taylor above Edwards.
                      In the twin realities of measurement, 16.72 sounds hopelessly far away from the mid to high 17s it takes to be the best now. At least 54-10 starts with the same number necessary to be the best right now.

As for the GOAT, Saneyev is at the top, but so is JE and CT! I decline to place one above another.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

aka 16.72m

Arguably, ??what are you on about. As you are a student of track and field, tell me do, how many OG titles has Taylor. Sanyeyev has a better record and we did not have WCs every 2 years. .yes i know he is Russian and not a usa citizen, butTaylor had better shoes and better runs up, for sure, than the Russian had.

Comment

• Saneyev was Georgian. Saying that I would put him just ahead of Taylor too.

Comment

• Originally posted by clementina View Post

Arguably, ??what are you on about. As you are a student of track and field, tell me do, how many OG titles has Taylor. Sanyeyev has a better record and we did not have WCs every 2 years. .yes i know he is Russian and not a usa citizen, butTaylor had better shoes and better runs up, for sure, than the Russian had.
                            Not sure where nationalism came into play here. But sure, as I said, I know Saneyev probably is the GOAT.

But I'll gladly admit Christian Taylor is personally one of my favorite athletes and people in the sport. Sue me for being bias.
                            Last edited by ATK; 09-20-2022, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X