X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i LOVE It When Meets Reach Out To The Public

Drake women's high jump will be a street thing:

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs. ... 003/SPORTS

Make sure collegians get credit for jumping in a real meet.

Comment

Re: i LOVE It When Meets Reach Out To The Public

Originally posted by gh
      Drake women's high jump will be a street thing:

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs. ... 003/SPORTS
      They may want to add more (invintational) events to the meet (or prize money for the athletes) because more (elite/world class) athletes will be there. Some (running) events may even be determined by a timed final because I think multiple heats are needed for the competition now. The Women's high jump can be a sweet thing, but what about the other events?

Comment

Originally posted by tlb747

They may want to add more (invintational) events to the meet (or prize money for the athletes) because more (elite/world class) athletes will be there. Some (running) events may even be determined by a timed final because I think multiple heats are needed for the competition now. The Women's high jump can be a sweet thing, but what about the other events?
        Well, competing at Drake will be Amy Acuff, Shaunte Howard, Allyson Felix, Tim Mack, Toby Stevenson, Kenta Bell

Fairly elite group, at least I think so

Comment

Drake always has a strong elite pole vault field, even though the weather tends to suck.

Love the idea of the street high jump! We do it all the time with pole vault and it is a BLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
            Love the idea of the street high jump! We do it all the time with pole vault and it is a BLAST.
            Funny you mentioned that because I went online and seen that you and some friends were round my neck of the woods (Clovis, CA) doing this. I had no idea this went on until I checked it out last night. I was trying to find pictures (from google) of my brothers while they went to Fresno State and your street pole vault came about. I was not in the country at the time, but I can tell by looking at the pictures, everyone had fun. The pole vault on the beach and the Holloween ones were good also. Keep coming up with some more great ideas! Just make sure that everyone falls in the pit and not off the side.

Comment

Originally posted by twinpeeks
              Well, competing at Drake will be Amy Acuff, Shaunte Howard, Allyson Felix, Tim Mack, Toby Stevenson, Kenta Bell

Fairly elite group, at least I think so
              Yes, they are an elite group. I think it would be fair if other (invintational) events had prize money, and not just the Women's high jump. Then again, I could be wrong.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if they thought about a race through the streets. It could be called a street race.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
                  TLB,

Is that the former SC hurdler involved with the sexual assault charge attached to all of your messages?
                  Heck no, that's Tony himself!

Comment

Yes, they are an elite group. I think it would be fair if other (invintational) events had prize money, and not just the Women's high jump. Then again, I could be wrong.
                    It's the Drake Relays not the Drake Grand Prix

Comment

TLB,

Is that the former SC hurdler involved with the sexual assault charge attached to all of your messages?
                      No. That one hurt, but oh well. That is the former ASU sprinter involved with the military attached to all of my messages. His name is Tony LaMar Berrian, or me. Unfortunately, I have been told that I have the face of a killer. Ouch!

Comment

YOUCH. My apologies. For some reason I thought I saw that same picture attached to a thread discussing the SC guy. The colors in the uni were close enough to throw me off.

Sorry!!!

Comment

TLB,

No. That one hurt, but oh well. That is the former ASU sprinter involved with the military attached to all of my messages. His name is Tony LaMar Berrian, or me. Unfortunately, I have been told that I have the face of a killer. Ouch!
                          So, do you forget what you look like? Why must you spam your photo?

Comment

It's the Drake Relays not the Drake Grand Prix
                            Yes, I know that. But to make it fair, it should either be prize money for all (once again, invite events only), or prize money for no one. That is all I was trying to say.

Comment

So, do you forget what you look like? Why must you spam your photo?
                              Sometimes, I do forget what I look like. Expecially when I am running late to work. If it makes you feel better, I can either put something else on the sig, or take the picture off completely.

Comment

Working...
                              X