Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Women Throwers

With Kara Winger's Brussels DL win today, American woman now top the yearly list for all four throwing events. Has this ever happened before?

Originally posted by JayIsMe View Post
    With Kara Winger's Brussels DL win today, American woman now top the yearly list for all four throwing events. Has this ever happened before?
    back in 1543?

Comment

Since the women's hammer only made it four throwing events in late 1990s, probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
        Since the women's hammer only made it four throwing events in late 1990s, probably not.
        Has it ever happened for American men ? Back in the Hal Connelly, Bud Held, Parry O'Brien, Al Oerter days ?

Comment

Definitely historic year for American women's throws. With Winger's stunning AR and WL Friday, now the women's throws are led by Americans Winger, Allman, Ealey and Andersen. Two golds, a silver and a bronze in there, too. World No. 1 rankings? 2 or 3 out of 4, I'd think.

When was the last time this occurred (4 U.S. women's world throws leaders in July or later)?
          Last edited by steveu; 09-05-2022, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
            Home rankings? 2 or 3 out of 4, I'd think.
            Freudian slip! No homerism required to rank wAmis # 1 !

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Freudian slip! No homerism required to rank wAmis # 1 !
              That wasn't supposed to be "home" ... that was one of those things on this forum where if you put a hash tag in front of a "1", as in No. 1, it messes it up. I forget the details, but anyway, I edited it.

Comment

There is already a thread on this topic.

American Women Throwers - Track & Field News Forums (trackandfieldnews.com)

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
                  That wasn't supposed to be "home"
                  yes, we knew; but it was still ironic(al)

Comment

Originally posted by DET59 View Post

Has it ever happened for American men ? Back in the Hal Connelly, Bud Held, Parry O'Brien, Al Oerter days ?
                    USA has never had world-leading marks in all four throws, neither for men nor women.

Bud Held and Connolly never overlapped, Held leading the JT in '55 and Connolly leading the HT in '56. Connolly also led in
                    '58 and '60 with Al Cantello leading the JT in '59, but again, no overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by dj View Post

USA has never had world-leading marks in all four throws, neither for men nor women.

Bud Held and Connolly never overlapped, Held leading the JT in '55 and Connolly leading the HT in '56. Connolly also led in
                      '58 and '60 with Al Cantello leading the JT in '59, but again, no overlap.
                      Thanks DJ! I forgot about Cantello. Great info

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                        Oops, sorry...

Comment

Working...
                        X