Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you explain why?...

Gary and other administrators, can you explain why some threads sometimes suddenly disappear from this "current event" forum?
    I thought it was a 100% free/respectful speech forum.
    I don't expect any kind and cool answer from you. But this is my feeling.
    Last edited by 79; 09-03-2022, 07:56 PM.

Originally posted by 79 View Post
    Gary and other administrators, can you explain why some threads sometimes suddenly disappear from this "current event" forum?
    I thought it was a 100% free/respectful speech forum.
    I'm on here all the time. I don't recall a thread disappearing. Locked yes but that's different as the thread stays up. Is it possible your sorting of threads is odd?

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I'm on here all the time. I don't recall a thread disappearing. Locked yes but that's different as the thread stays up. Is it possible your sorting of threads is odd?
      Sorry if my English language looks approximative, but, for example, by my side, while respecting the deontological side of this forum, I wonder if this is problematic to ask a question about Chinese athletes and try to find answers around its sociological sides.
      Of course there are always questions about doping.
      But this is another subject...

Comment

Sometimes, it's moved to "Historical" or "Things Not T&F" because the discussion deviates from the current topic.

This move may be announced on the thread itself, not may be done without any announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
          Sometimes, it's moved to "Historical" or "Things Not T&F" because the discussion deviates from the current topic.

This move may be announced on the thread itself, not may be done without any announcement.
          Ah! I undersand! Thank you! 🙏🏻

Comment

Sorry if my English language looks approximative, but, . . . while respecting the deontological side of this forum
            Ha!
            I remember seeing that word in Utilitarian Philosophy once, but your approximative (another rare word) vocabulary exceeds our own!

To answer your question, the moderator can delete threads that are redundant or spam or deemed unworthy of discussion (drugs, insults, etc..)
            I think the originator of a thread can also delete his/her own thread if he deletes his/her original post and there are no subsequent ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              Ha!
              I remember seeing that word in Utilitarian Philosophy once, but your approximative (another rare word) vocabulary exceeds our own!

To answer your question, the moderator can delete threads that are redundant or spam or deemed unworthy of discussion (drugs, insults, etc..)
              I think the originator of a thread can also delete his/her own thread if he deletes his/her original post and there are no subsequent ones.
              Approximate? 😉

Comment

Approximate? 😉
                It's all good. Google Translate is giving you the right words, just not ones we actually use.
                Carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post

And as 79 has probably realized, I believe the thread in question is still open under Things Not T&F

https://forum.trackandfieldnews.com/...inese-athletes

Comment

Working...
                  X