X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm71
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I see Ealey is a fan of Orwell . . . 19.84.

And now is soooo 3 years ago! 20.19
    It seems like we have been living in orwells 1984 since 2019.
    too bad can’t watch today, I will catch up with this meet on Saturday morning and afternoon

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Murray Head View Post
    WSidorova must be pissed as hell at Putin. She likely could've won World's indoor and outdoor, Euros and DL.
    She certainly would have been favored for all, but Nageotte sure was tough in WC.

Leave a comment:

• Murray Head
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

Lot more reasons than that to be pissed at putin!
    Noted, but beside the point.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Originally posted by Murray Head View Post
    With the state of women's vaulting as it is with no other vaulter reaching 4.87 this year Sidorova must be pissed as hell at Putin. She likely could've won World's indoor and outdoor, Euros and DL.
    Lot more reasons than that to be pissed at putin!

Leave a comment:

• Murray Head
    replied
    With the state of women's vaulting as it is with no other vaulter reaching 4.87 this year Sidorova must be pissed as hell at Putin. She likely could've won World's indoor and outdoor, Euros and DL.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Happy for Kennedy's win. Sandi will be back.

Leave a comment:

• Murray Head
    replied
    Bruni caught her top hand on her left spike on the way up and sliced it open. Never seen that before.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
    Instead of worrying about the fans clapping in rhythm, some of these athletes should focus on the task that lies ahead of them. So many times, like just now in wPV, the athlete is focused on the crowd clapping and then comes up with their worst attempt of the day.
    With Willie Banks, it was fun. Now that it's obligatory, it's just annoying.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Instead of worrying about the fans clapping in rhythm, some of these athletes should focus on the task that lies ahead of them. So many times, like just now in wPV, the athlete is focused on the crowd clapping and then comes up with their worst attempt of the day.

Leave a comment:

• billychuck
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post

First, the 5th Avenue Mile is a certified distance annual road race that attracts the best milers/1500 people every single year!
    Second, this circus act is just utter stupidity/insanity, period!
    Thirdly, NO, NOTHING counts from these races (except maybe DL points, which I don't give a flying fuck about!!)---no listed marks and no records of any kind!
    Fourthly, if these abominations are akin to anything, try Kipchoge's two sub-2 marathon attempts!
    Meaning, they could run 12:20 & 13:45, and yet you'd find it impossible to locate the results in any record book---as it must and should be!!
    Just breathe, Aaron. It’s a one-off. I appreciate your passion though.

Leave a comment:

• SoCal45
    replied
    Originally posted by rhizobium View Post
    It's so much easier to just use a VPN + YouTube than to deal with any of those other services.
    peacock is much easier

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Steele View Post
    Having the spectators right up next to the track in the 5000 is great, but that track is an abomination.
    I like it . . . and so do the spectators. I bet even the runners like the 'difference' every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Steele View Post
    Having the spectators right up next to the track in the 5000 is great, but that track is an abomination. It takes a serious, season-ending event and moves it into 5th ave Mile territory. Sure, the money is still there. Will T&FN consider it a legit mark and count it in their ranking criteria and year's end?
    First, the 5th Avenue Mile is a certified distance annual road race that attracts the best milers/1500 people every single year!
    Second, this circus act is just utter stupidity/insanity, period!
    Thirdly, NO, NOTHING counts from these races (except maybe DL points, which I don't give a flying fuck about!!)---no listed marks and no records of any kind!
    Fourthly, if these abominations are akin to anything, try Kipchoge's two sub-2 marathon attempts!
    Meaning, they could run 12:20 & 13:45, and yet you'd find it impossible to locate the results in any record book---as it must and should be!!

Leave a comment:

• Steele
    replied
    Having the spectators right up next to the track in the 5000 is great, but that track is an abomination. It takes a serious, season-ending event and moves it into 5th ave Mile territory. Sure, the money is still there. Will T&FN consider it a legit mark and count it in their ranking criteria and year's end?

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    I see Ealey is a fan of Orwell . . . 19.84.

And now is soooo 3 years ago! 20.19
    Last edited by Atticus; 09-07-2022, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X